Help with 1x10 conversion

Paul Hunter

Hi

I need to get some clarification with my 1x10 conversion.  I have done the conversion but my SRAM X0 rear derailleur now does not shift to either the 36T or 42T because the first jockey wheel and cage if touching the 42T.  From what I have read I need to adjust my b-screw which I have but no change.  I have removed the little spacer thing and screwed the b-screw all the way in but still not enough.  Has anybody else had this problem?  Do I just need a longer b-screw and if so where do I get one?

Thanks

Paul

post-2069-0-73599500-1417416899_thumb.jpg

post-2069-0-46755400-1417416910_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What i Meant is I dont think it will work with XO or XX i think you will have to downgrade to X9 deraileur 

Why do you say that?

Sram compatibility chart on their website says the XO long cage is good for up to 36t on the cassette.....maybe it can be adjusted though.

You may need a different RD....wait till those who have actually tried it give you some feedback.

Check your chain length first, I had to add two links. Don't really know about Sram 1x10 setup but I didn't even need my b-tensioner all the way out on my XT med cage RD.

If you want the shifting to work well get xt clutch derailleur and a one up components RAD cage. Problem solved. Removing or screwing out the b screw will just mess up the shifting of the rest of your gears.

If you want the shifting to work well get xt clutch derailleur and a one up components RAD cage. Problem solved. Removing or screwing out the b screw will just mess up the shifting of the rest of your gears.

Plus shifters, new chain (if this one is too short, which it probably is) and and and.

Instead of eliminating the chain as a problem (which is a cheap fix) you're talking about something that will cost 5 times as much and potentially be totally unnecessary. 

Do you always need a long cage RD for a 42, he is running only one ring up front?

medium cage is okay, mostly. It's still only a 31t capacity that you're working with (42t - 11t)

Archived