Grading of main road from Fourways to Kyalami

SimpleDom

Does anyone know what's happening on main road? They have graded the sides of the road all the way from Fourways to Kyalami, and turned grade A off road commute terrain into a sand fest. It'll take us years of pedestrian feet and commuter wheels to get that surface back.

Rode from Lonehill to the Castle yesterday. 

It looks like they're adding in new lanes. 

Why not stick to the jeep track next to Main Road, where possible. Much easier going. 

Annual grade. Saw them at this morning. Problem is one, that the rough shoulder compacted over the winter turns into loose sand and stone so as soon as it rains it all ends up in the Jukskei and you have mass erosion and ruts of note all contributing the the gradual deterioration of the tarred surface.

They wont add new lanes. They need to do the bridge over the river first.

Does anyone know what's happening on main road? They have graded the sides of the road all the way from Fourways to Kyalami, and turned grade A off road commute terrain into a sand fest. It'll take us years of pedestrian feet and commuter wheels to get that surface back.

messing with your Strava times ;-)

Why not stick to the jeep track next to Main Road, where possible. Much easier going. 

they are also grading main road

messing with your Strava times

"It has got to be a Strava section..."

You can't really comment on that Mr (Strava) Hunter.... :ph34r:

I do, but there is a portion where you have to ride the shoulder to get to the Jeep track. It's not really an issue... I was just interested.

Archived