Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

100s of rogue riders wont agree with the legal charges being laid, however i bet you they the first people to pull guns to protect their property, end of the day the law sees you as a tresspasser the same as you jumping in your neighbours yard,

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see land owners pressing charges as well. Perhaps have a journo from Tygerburger cover the story too. Public humiliation and the inconvenience can be a powerful deterrent. 

Somewhat of a legal issue there....

I don't speak cyclist particularly well but if you can take a photo of these guys then you are close enough to actually talk to them directly?

They look happy and friendly enough.

I have confronted rogue riders on these trails before. They will tell you to f - off, go scratch your car in the car park and put up a trip-wire in the singletrack. All with a smile on their dial.

Somewhat of a legal issue there....

Well I'm sure to the land owner its that or salt and pepper shots?

I disagree. People get arrested for trespassing all the time. 

Well I'm sure to the land owner its that or salt and pepper shots?

not the arrest part, the public newspaper name and shame. 

not the arrest part, the public newspaper name and shame. 

If it goes to trial, it is in the public domain. 

f@ck why do people have to be difficult. "I don't get the newsletter", "I carry my board in my backpack because blah blah blah"

These will be the same people that b!tch the loudest when landowners kick us off their land.

The rules are what they are. If you don't like them find another club. 95% of members are more than happy to comply.

I have confronted rogue riders on these trails before. They will tell you to f - off, go scratch your car in the car park and put up a trip-wire in the singletrack. All with a smile on their dial.

agreed. People like that are d!ckheads on and off the bike.

agreed. People like that are d!ckheads on and off the bike.

Yoh, I can just see what effect you will have on a rogue rider when you encounter them......

If it goes to trial, it is in the public domain. 

Look, as a member, I'm on your side, but seriously, trial?

These guys need a good scare, but I highly doubt a trivial matter like this will go to courts. 

Look, as a member, I'm on your side, but seriously, trial?

These guys need a good scare, but I highly doubt a trivial matter like this will go to courts. 

farm safety is a big issue in SA. It is the main reason we have the sunrise / sunset rule for land access. If I find someone in my backyard without my permission before my dogs find them, I will definitely lay charges. If my dogs find them first, I'd put my money on my dogs. 

salt and pepper is what is needed!

taking the law into your own hands is much more contentious than relying on law enforcement. Being shot with salt and pepper will just be another story that these goons will be telling at the braai that night. 

farm safety is a big issue in SA. It is the main reason we have the sunrise / sunset rule for land access. If I find someone in my backyard without my permission before my dogs find them, I will definitely lay charges. If my dogs find them first, I'd put my money on my dogs. 

Ok, read your argument again. 

These lands are not dog-protected and I would like to see the farm owners walking around with loaded guns and single out non-members.

We are not dealing with farm murders here. 

It is a case of simple trespassing. 

Getting the SAPS to detain them for an hour in a cell, will scare them, word will spread and the issue will be resolved.

taking the law into your own hands is much more contentious than relying on law enforcement. Being shot with salt and pepper will just be another story that these goons will be telling at the braai that night. 

yes, that's not illegal at all. 

salt and pepper is what is needed!

You must be a gourmand. To most, salt would suffice. If you want to pepper them with it, that is.

Archived