• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mathematically possible ....

practically the tight spaces inside a bike frame often wont accommodate this

Longer piece of string :P

An actual torque wrench would be better and easier, this looks like it needs an extra pair of hands to work well.

Sorry about that. I've updated the info.

2-15 Nm (18-133 in-lb) torque range

That does look good...

Couple of nice options out there. Thanks for the feedback.

However. Seems the other half and someone who eats this stuff for breakfast (the best bike mechanic and awesome riding friend) are working together to find the birthday present  :)

• 3 years later...
On 1/10/2020 at 5:52 AM, Chadvdw67 said:

They have a 2-24nm version as well: https://www.adendorff.co.za/product/mac-afric-1-4-inch-drive-2-24-nm-torque-wrench-set/

I can supply these 3/8inch drive Torque wrench 5-25Nm. Comes with lifetime warranty. DM if interested.

image.png.134fa85e1cc8fb2201d5b2fe5c10e90d.png 

• 6 months later...

In the market for a torque wrench 

Need a basic one for my bike to do pivots and maybe finer stuff in future , crank i just joink till its lekker 

2-24 or similar should be more than enough , I'm mostly after something to be doing my pivots at home really well. Stems , bars and other stuff ive been doing by hand for years and never had issues. 

Biggest issue I'm finding is bit sets 😬 like wtf

I'm not a fan of these kits with the bits incl cause they're usually very cheap and i think the quality will reflect that 

also a bit weary of purchasing online , was trolling around chamberlains last weekend and saw torque craft ones more in line with what i would expect pricing to be 

opens up the box and wow that thing looked wayyyyy nicer than the price suggested 

BUT as soon as i had it in my hand the cheap feeling came through very quick ( bad tolereances all over ) 

So what can you suggest that you've preferably used already :)

49 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Need a basic one for my bike to do pivots and maybe finer stuff in future , crank i just joink till its lekker 

2-24 or similar should be more than enough , I'm mostly after something to be doing my pivots at home really well. Stems , bars and other stuff ive been doing by hand for years and never had issues. 

I'm not a fan of these kits with the bits incl cause they're usually very cheap and i think the quality will reflect that 

also a bit weary of purchasing online , was trolling around chamberlains last weekend and saw torque craft ones more in line with what i would expect pricing to be 

opens up the box and wow that thing looked wayyyyy nicer than the price suggested 

BUT as soon as i had it in my hand the cheap feeling came through very quick ( bad tolereances all over ) 

This set is holding up very well -

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiJ6rDDwZiCAxVa8O0KHR3CAFwYABAKGgJkZw&ase=2&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4vKpBhCZARIsAOKHoWRUHDibAclZtFlU7nc_FuXZ2p8bFRyJAFy-bkiKh5MFFs2x4e9p47IaAiySEALw_wcB&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESVeD2U6gwzGzS9ySLuDGdeDvaDpVi4TKpvuZEt6Fsgd7qrpq6k4_KnH_gbmE1VN_cR_Is8j6qvqna7z9OAEbordywEOsAIKMJQ6Rg6tN1JKOQvwDtYgU&sig=AOD64_0dm1ZypJqyFkYCtRnkXGUg972zqA&ctype=5&q=&nis=4&ved=2ahUKEwjay6fDwZiCAxUzT0EAHf2_AeMQwg8oAHoECAQQDA&adurl=

And that mini ratchet has come in very handy !!

Granted, this is ONLY used on bicycles, and only by me !!

Not sure anything can stand up to the abuse some dish out ....

3 hours ago, BaGearA said:

In my experience everything Torque Craft is rubbish 

Edited by Andreas_187

3 hours ago, BaGearA said:

I can supply you with a 5-25Nm Teng tools wrench. Lifetime guarantee, quality tools. DM me for a quote 🙂

https://teng-tools.co.za/collections/torque-tools/products/3892ag-e1

Go Teng Tools, buy the 1/4" version and use any existing set you have or can get from any hardware store. Can also buy a 1/4" to hex bit adaptor. A good 1/4" rachet set is never wasted any way

The 3/8" set linked is a little trickier to match bits too.

Edited by Alouette3

4 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

Go Teng Tools, buy the 1/4" version and use any existing set you have or can get from any hardware store. Can also buy a 1/4" to hex bit adaptor. A good 1/4" rachet set is never wasted any way

The 3/8" set linked is a little trickier to match bits too.

Can supply an adaptor for the 3/8" to 1/4" or upsize to 1/2". Pretty much all options can be covered :)