Ironman SA 2015

Snytjie

They are busy resurfacing the last section, bit late. It is a lot better though.Feels faster,not sure about smoother.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Race week- how lang ago did you start on this journey to see it come to an end.....

Race week- how lang ago did you start on this journey to see it come to an end.....

October last year

mine started 1 march 2014. This is when I decided to enter Iron man 2015 and started training specifically for it. Sad to see the journey come to an end too in a way.

Did a couple of triathlons prior to 1 march 2014 but never viewed IM as a goal until then.

been a hellova journey

mine started 1 march 2014. This is when I decided to enter Iron man 2015 and started training specifically for it. Sad to see the journey come to an end too in a way.

Did a couple of triathlons prior to 1 march 2014 but never viewed IM as a goal until then.

been a hellova journey

That's what I thought in 2005, now going to toe the line for the 8th time. It becomes a lifestyle

That's what I thought in 2005, now going to toe the line for the 8th time. It becomes a lifestyle

I hear you, my wife on the other hand may have other plans :thumbup:   next year may see me supporting her in PE. With a young lad in the house we cant both be training for IM.

Three years ago. Took it in yearly phases: olympic, 70.3, now full. I still remember reading posts here like "training is finished, now just tapering", "all hard work done now just to put it together on race day" and thinking: Wow! That must be an amazing feeling to say that!

My training is finished. Now just to put it together on race day. Wow! That is an amazing feeling to say that!

Tapering is a mess as I had to cancel leave and go to work on the MP Highveld (aka the arsehole of the RSA), do four flights in 10 days and don't get time to clean/service my bike and equipment. I don't give a ****: I'm ready. Bring it on.

My weather forecast - which is relatively accurate - suggests that it will be brought on. Nou ons sal sien hoe goed djy is!!

post-34430-0-50693300-1427197463_thumb.jpg

My two battle thoughts, paraphrased and courtesy of two fellow Hubbers:

During the bike always remind yourself that you still have to run a marathon afterwards - Garfield2010

The big difference between 70.3 and the full is the pain - Wanderwoman

I hear you, my wife on the other hand may have other plans :thumbup:   next year may see me supporting her in PE. With a young lad in the house we cant both be training for IM.

I might be in the same boat.  will be doing my 3rd full this year.  After 4 70.3 events my wife is thinking of doing Full.  Will try and do it with her but might just support to look after our kids.

Mistake I made in my 1st IM 5 years ago was hitting the bike too hard. You think you're a cyclist, meh, 180km isn't that hard. And it isn't really. But you are buggering your legs for the run (read: lots of walking). Take the bike easy. Have a nice ride, but don't try klap anything. And for **** sakes. Going uphill in your aero tuck isn't faster. See it every IM, people pushing massive gears up hills @ 10km/h in their aero tuck.

Just had our last 1.9km swim session with Tissink. Couple of drills and whole bunch of sprints. Chocolate Sterri Stumpy went down very well afterwards.

Tomorrow 90 minutes bike. Not sure about the rest of the week. Doing a squad swim with Ray Saturday morning then its game time.

Was planning on doing IM with the wife, stay with her the whole day. Then yesterday we see we start in different waves. So now we're just going to do it by ourselves. We're both ready.

And for **** sakes. Going uphill in your aero tuck isn't faster. See it every IM, people pushing massive gears up hills @ 10km/h in their aero tuck.

Not necessarily so.  I go up hills faster in aero position.  Not because of the aero benefit, but because i have a higher cadence in aero position than sitting upright.  So don't judge me ;)

Eish....see PE is having water issues in some areas.

(1) PLEASE SAVE WATER - OR WE'LL HAVE NONE

The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality (NMBM) urges all residents to use water sparingly, as our reservoirs have reached critically low levels, as a result of the maintenance work being carried out by the National Department of Water & Sanitation on one of the main water supply pipelines.

On Friday, 26 March 2015, the Municipality issued a warning to residents that this would indeed be the case should we not curb our water usage (see copy of media statement below); now that the reservoirs are so low, residents can expect, firstly, colouration of the water, and secondly, a strong possibility of there being NO water for a day or two. The latter expectation CAN be obviated if we curb our usage to an absolute minimum.

Please note that, if the water is discoloured, it is still safe to drink, as all water that is stored in our reservoirs has already been treated.

We take this opportunity to thank our residents for your communal spirit in ensuring that we don't have a water supply outage, by using water extremely sparingly.

Thank you.

IMPORTANT - RE: WATER SITUATION

Conrad Human Friday, 20 March 2015
For immediate release
PLEASE USE WATER SPARINGLY OVER THE NEXT WEEK
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality hereby issues a community notice to all our residents to PLEASE USE WATER SPARINGLY OVER THE NEXT WEEK.

The National Department of Water & Sanitation will be carrying out repairs on a valve located on the pipeline that supplies water to the Nooitgedagt Water Treatment Works. The repairs will commence on 21 March and is expected to be completed by 26 March 2015.

While the repairs are being done, water supply to the Nooidgedacht Treatment Works will be stopped.
Proactively, the NMBM has ensured that all our reservoirs which are fed from Nooidgedacht have been filled. However, the full reservoirs carry enough water for two to three days, and the maintenance work will probably be longer than that. This may indeed lead to a water shortage in the latter part of next week (possibly Wednesday or Thursday).

The water shortage CAN BE BEATEN - all that we have to do is to USE WATER SPARINGLY, and we won't have a problem.
PLEASE DO NOT FILL UP additional containers - this will only exacerbate the problem and directly lead to a water shortage.
Again we stress that THERE WILL BE NO WATER SHORTAGE IF WE USE WATER SPARINGLY OVER THE NEXT WEEK.

We thank you for your cooperation and community spirit in this regard. Remember that the maintenance work ensures that the water supply system is in good order.

Guys probably a stupid question but when we say we want a westerly wind, does this mean it comes from the west or blows to the west? Just wondering because of snytjie's weather forecast

Archived