MTB trails in or near Midrand

MTB MAN

Hi 

Are there any group rides in Midrand for MTB and are there any trails i could ride in the evenings.

Thanx

i followed this thread in the hope that someone would post something interesting.  I stay in Beaulieu which is in the Kyalami side of midrand. We have a number of roads and dirt roads with somme single track here and there. You could create your own route with any number of the intersecting roads etc.  There are some "no go" zones (i.e. village and summit in Blue Hills) but generally if you are vigilant and if not then ride in numbers you will be fine.

Join our group from M&B Carlsworld shopping centre at 06:00 on Saturdays. You will learn the routes in the area. You are welcome to join us.

thank you guys i will be coming up Monday so will join the following Saturday. Does anyone ride in the evenings from 5:30 or 6pm. Just to get use to the routes and where it is ok to ride.

Try the Blue Hills area - a lot of nice isolated singletrack that's perfect for solo riding in the late afternoons. 

There's a regular mtb group ride in the mornings during the week starting from Carlswald riding through Blue Hills, Kyalami, Beaulieu and back to Carlswald. Pop into Summit Cycles (opposite Plant Land) if you are interested in the details. 

thank you for all the info "Nathrix" I'm specifically looking for evening rides as i leave Midrand at 5:30 am to Pretoria north so this wont work.

• 4 months later...

There's a regular mtb group ride in the mornings during the week starting from Carlswald riding through Blue Hills, Kyalami, Beaulieu and back to Carlswald. Pop into Summit Cycles (opposite Plant Land) if you are interested in the details. 

What would be the distance and average speed on these rides?