EDIT:

i mean instinct... they all look and sound the same, my bad

Edited by mada3400

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about owning a pyga that just makes you feel like thrashing it every time you swing a leg over it... Wish I had bought the 110 instead of the pascoe,but purely that like the op I still want to do distance. I know I can do it on the pascoe,but have red mist syndrome ???? . And you can't build a pyga for R40k...even with some 2nd hand parts.

Oh yea pyga all the way and am sure I' not pyga...I mean biased ????

Ridden both extensively, and have to say it's a tough choice. 
The pro with Camber is that it pretty much comes stock standard and ready to rail your trails. 
The Pyga is more of a bespoke build that you take your time with, which in itself is a rewarding process. 

Ultimately though in reality you can't really go wrong with either. I get the feeling that you know that but you're wrestling with the emotional choice of what to go for.
Unfortunately I can't tell you what I'd go for because that wouldn't be right and honestly if I were in your fortunate position I'd feel the same really. 
You need to sit down and feel for yourself which one tugs at the ol heart strings, after that the first ride will resolve any buyers remorse. 

Good luck

Something about owning a pyga that just makes you feel like thrashing it every time you swing a leg over it... Wish I had bought the 110 instead of the pascoe,but purely that like the op I still want to do distance. I know I can do it on the pascoe,but have red mist syndrome . And you can't build a pyga for R40k...even with some 2nd hand parts.

Oh yea pyga all the way and am sure I' not pyga...I mean biased

Do the distance on the Pascoe at a leisurely pace then just Blast down that hill like a mad man,otherwise I will take it from you.

Ridden both extensively, and have to say it's a tough choice. 

The pro with Camber is that it pretty much comes stock standard and ready to rail your trails. 

The Pyga is more of a bespoke build that you take your time with, which in itself is a rewarding process. 

Ultimately though in reality you can't really go wrong with either. I get the feeling that you know that but you're wrestling with the emotional choice of what to go for.

Unfortunately I can't tell you what I'd go for because that wouldn't be right and honestly if I were in your fortunate position I'd feel the same really. 

You need to sit down and feel for yourself which one tugs at the ol heart strings, after that the first ride will resolve any buyers remorse. 

Good luck

So true,if you buy what everyone else likes or raves about,and it's not the one your heart really desires ,you'll always look at the other and wonder. Good advice ...

Do the distance on the Pascoe at a leisurely pace then just Blast down that hill like a mad man,otherwise I will take it from you.

The whole problem with that is what does leisurely mean ????

Good advice,always say that I will just enjoy but as soon as flag drops....well you now. Really can't help myself ask trail-er-park ????....very sad I know.

Something about owning a pyga that just makes you feel like thrashing it every time you swing a leg over it... Wish I had bought the 110 instead of the pascoe,but purely that like the op I still want to do distance. I know I can do it on the pascoe,but have red mist syndrome . And you can't build a pyga for R40k...even with some 2nd hand parts.

Flippin heck - I'm busy trying to figure out how I can sneak a Pascoe into the house at the moment. Had a gander at one yesterday and was thinking it would look very good in my entrance hall next to my 110..

And I'm an ex Camber 26, 650 (converted my 26), and momentarily 29 owner.  

In then end the bike you climb on and feel like you've been riding for the last 5 years is the bike you should go with.

Tom

The whole problem with that is what does leisurely mean

Good advice,always say that I will just enjoy but as soon as flag drops....well you now. Really can't help myself ask trail-er-park ....very sad I know.

Yea,  'cos you's just a race-ist at heart innit??

Specialized Stumpjumper fsr is even better ;)

The OP should also consider who the OWNERS of the steeds are that he will invariably interact with ......

a buncha SPAZ's .... or some PIE dude loonies ......

Surely that could influence the purchase decision .....  :)

I can only speak to my experience of the PYGArians I have met ..... dude, be scared ....

:)

Would you like to swop your 140 for a 110?

Spez or Pyga? Pyga!!!!!! That Pyga will be just as fast as the Spez and going down even faster.

My bit of advise.

That Pyga will be just as fast as the Spez and going down even faster..

True fact. I once beat Greg Minnaar on a downhill because he was on a Spez and I a Pyga. Pyga is definitely faster downhill.

Edited by discostu

The OP should also consider who the OWNERS of the steeds are that he will invariably interact with ......

a buncha SPAZ's .... or some PIE dude loonies ......

Surely that could influence the purchase decision .....  :)

I can only speak to my experience of the PYGArians I have met ..... dude, be scared ....

:)

dude you crack me ????...... Show us ur hand ,show us ur hand ????