Nick

Will someone like me who never learned to do big gap jumps and tabletops be able to enjoy Garden Route Trail Park? I don't mind rock gardens or smallish drop offs, but never learned to jump properly. What other trails in the Garden Route area is a must do? I will be holidaying in Plett for about 11 days in February. What are the trails like this time of year? Very muddy and wet?

Ja, jumps are optional.  The berms are to die for. The singletrack is excellent, but you will get a good cardio workout.  Your technical skills will improve each passing minute.

and 90% of the jumps are tabletops, so you can just cruise over them, or try jump as far as you can which is probably more fun. Either way you are going to be having a good time. Just make sure to pack some sun block because it does get hot and some areas have minimal shade.

• 1 month later...

Quite a few international riders are down to shoot a new film and for the Night Harvest. GRTP is building a few MASSIVE jumps for them..

post-10402-0-28529100-1425282938_thumb.jpg

Just need some directions or GPS co ordinates to the start. Was in the area after Christmas to ride Harkerville and missed this.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

rode the Jungle fever trail there this past Monday and it was absolutely awesome!  If a little wet and muddy which added to the experience...   :thumbup:

Only complaint is that I got slightly lost after a split in the rode wasn't clearly marked and went the wrong way.  Also getting back to the start was a bit confusing when all the exit signs seem to take you to other trails.

But it could have just been the result of a lot over indulging on Easter weekend and the late afternoon start.

Also saw the beast on the picture above and all I can say is wow!  Even the roll in scared me!

• 2 months later...

Down for the knysna races at the moment, looking at doing some trails. Heard about the trail Park and harkerville, what do you guys suggest? Not looking to any hectic climbing to be honest, just some fun on the singles etc.

Guest notmyname

Dude, you'll climb at both those venues. That said.... ride both. Each has its own allure.

Won't have time to do both I'm afraid. Think I'll head out to the trail Park. Legs Just a bit tender from the weekend's races.

Trail park is now R100, I opted for the Harkerville Red Route at R38 last week.

Awesime ride, 22km with 700m elevation.

The trail park is best if you have a shuttle. Plenty climbing but the downs are worth it.

Either way you win, enjoy