Would you buy a frameset / bike that looked heavy but was not?

Dicky DQ

Here's the deal, a mate of mine is selling frames/bikes that are sic, but the dual susser frames look heavy because the rear shock mounting point has a lot of material.

However the frames are way light. so the question is, does a heavy looking frame impact your buying decision? 

Here's the deal, a mate of mine is selling frames/bikes that are sic, but the dual susser frames look heavy because the rear shock mounting point has a lot of material.

However the frames are way light. so the question is, does a heavy looking frame impact your buying decision?

Is he selling them cheap because they are 'sick'?

I don't have a pic now, but the photo is not so much the issue as the thought process.

To be honest, I probably would not. If it looks heavy to me it must be, not so? and when I am kakking and I see too much bulk on the frame I think damn this this is heavy. Or am I wrong?

It's all about the ride......

Yip, I always find it funny to see people lifting a bike to test the weight. Especially AM & trail bikes. I've seen people picking up DH bikes.... :blink:

Unless you are buying a bike specifically for racing, the weight is secondary to how the bike feels when you ride it. I've owned a sub 11kg trail bike that is rubbish on the climbs and even worse on the descents.

To answer the OP's question: Who cares if it looks heavy?

As stated above: It's all about the ride.

It's all about the ride......

You almost got it right. Just change your last word to ............weight ....lol

Archived