Latest thoughts on Bike Fit

Hey folks,

I recall some time back that there were some folks who supported the BG Fit camp, and others who supported other Bike Fit practitioners and of course there was no consensus.

Is that still the case, or has one type risen and stood out over the past few years?

Thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to know from fellow hubbers who (perhaps) have done both the BG Fit and Retul Fit. Personal opinion which is best and why?

Ive done the ErgoFit developed by sports science and it hasn't worked for me at all... consistently have pain in my lower back, my shoulders and after a 3hour plus ride my neck is so sore and stiff I might as well be wearing a neckbrace... also struggle with numbness in my toes within a few km of a ride. Its got so bad somedays I don't even want  to go ride for fear of the discomfort and pain.

Going to try Cycle Fit form Aaron Brown as soon as I have some free cash. Seems a lot more rounded and detailed from what I read on there website.

how are the different fit mechanisms different? Maybe you just have a weak core and no fit is going to help that.

have pain in my shoulders and my neck is so sore and stiff Its got so bad somedays I don't even want  to go ride for fear of the discomfort and pain.

I have the same issues despite my BG Fit  :wacko:

Have gone through Aaron and they did a great job,

dont think there can be much difference between the two though.

I have done the BG fit. I spent a lot of time with the person doing the fitment explaining past injuries and weak points in my body he should be aware of.

The BG fit sorted out my lower back problem on shorter rides as well as an ITB problem I had last year.

If you give the guy all the information I am sure he will get you set up on the bike properly, but if you tell him to go as aggressive as possible without telling him about a bad back, you are going to have a bad time.

I am very impressed with the BG fit as both my wife and I had it done with great results

I did the cycle fit thing breaking my credit card. Did a great time on the 50km USN race compared to the last USN race I rode. Richard did emphasize that due to my old "teach yourself to cycle" style I might experience some back pain and fatigue the first couple of rides until the underdeveloped muscles got some exercise.

To date I am not in the least regretting the money I spent on the setup, can really recommend them

Cyclefit without any doubt.

Arran is the only guy to win Argus,Shova and 94.7 in the same year, so he can ride.

He gave up cycling at the top to start a PROPER bike fitting business. He is better at that than he was at cycling and Richard is as good.

Did 2 ergofits a week apart cause i was not convinced by the first fit, so went to another ergofitter and their measurements were different to the first ergofitters(different cycle shops)... So i think it works but depends on the person doing the fitting.

Cycle Fit all the way for me... Richard did a fantastic job for me late in 2013 and I've not had any sores, pains,etc since. You need to tell them what your issues and riding preferences are and they'll tailor your fit. It's also great that they show you before and after videos and what they corrected.

My Trek Emonda is on its way to me in a couple of weeks. Richard helped me by confirming that the size and type of frame I've chosen is a good fit for my future expectations. Service from the top shelf from these guys!!