Versuipslag (Err..drowning-style?)

Fisan

a Gopro and Youtube 

You can't correct what you cant see. 

That's if you don't want to spend money on a coach 

40min is not going to get you on the podium, BUT it is not that slow. If you are not a strong swimmer, that is a ok time.

Remember, 40 min is Koei's ideal time in a swimming pool. In open water conditions that could be pushed to a hour, which is close to the cut-off.

The problem most swimmers face in triathalons or open-water races are that they can't find their own pace. You are constantly touching toes or kicking someone's hands behind you.

Remember, 40 min is Koei's ideal time in a swimming pool. In open water conditions that could be pushed to a hour, which is close to the cut-off.

The problem most swimmers face in triathalons or open-water races are that they can't find their own pace. You are constantly touching toes or kicking someone's hands behind you.

I agree that in a wet start with too many people it is very hard to find your rythm, but if you are a bit inexperienced, swim on the side where there are less people. It differs from event to event and water conditions, but I found my times in dams are quicker than in the pool, but thats just me.

Well I got my time down to just above 33min for 1.5k open water - which is below what I aimed for. But for an off-road triathlon its still not enough. Having to to sit behind the stronger swimmers / weaker MTBers on a 70% singletrack course was a bit frustrating. Oh well, I'm not podium potential so I shouldn't complain too much!

a Gopro and Youtube 

You can't correct what you cant see. 

That's if you don't want to spend money on a coach 

Embark club do training at Campsbay Primary and they use a Go Pro for ironing out problems with your stroke

Archived