MyFitnessPal

Pieter1

In 2013 I started using it and dropped from 110kg down to 76kg over about 7 months or so.

Still use it to this day, it motivates me to keep the weight off, and you realise VERY quickly how all those little things add up. 

I linked it with my garmin and it syncs exercises and calories perfectly. Except I don't like it when I trapped my gat off and myfitnesspal classifies it as "light cycling"

Bliksem!! That's impressive man!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2013 I started using it and dropped from 110kg down to 76kg over about 7 months or so.

Still use it to this day, it motivates me to keep the weight off, and you realise VERY quickly how all those little things add up. 

I linked it with my garmin and it syncs exercises and calories perfectly. Except I don't like it when I trapped my gat off and myfitnesspal classifies it as "light cycling"

did it accurately predict your loss over time???

How accurate is this stuff? I loged all todays meals including dinner.

post-25481-0-67570700-1423648889_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pieter1

Works really well for me... I can get to a point where the predicted weight loss happens, mostly, according to plan.

BUT

I find the calorie expenditure estimates the app gives you for cardio exercise hopelessly optimistic, so I adjust those downwards - but use the info as is from my polar for cycling (which is always way under FP's estimates).

I'm also lazy in the weighing and measuring dept so try to overestimate rather than under, there.

And... when I cheat, unfortunately, I know it ;-)

Now to stop chasing those same darn 5kgs up and down the years.

Other people's weight loss stories are giving me a kick in the pants, so well done and keep rolling!

did it accurately predict your loss over time???

I actually lost weight faster than it said I would. The last few kg went a bit slower than it said it would.

I know everyone is different, but I think it provides a decent "ball park" figure.

Lost 3kg already, it's going slow now tho...

I would also recommend seeing a sports nutritionist - can be pricey but, in my opinion, definitely worth it! Keep the machine properly fueled!  :thumbup:

I would also recommend seeing a sports nutritionist - can be pricey but, in my opinion, definitely worth it! Keep the machine properly fueled! :thumbup:

Yea I have thought of that. My wife does slender wonder, she has lost an amazing amount of weight and being on the diet with her has helped but I don't take in enough on it and get really cranky by day 3. I'll defenately look into it.

Ok so you are all telling me that whenI use this app it will help me drop 10kg and I can eat junk food everyday as long as I dont go over my daily calorie count that the app provide me to loose weight?

Ok so you are all telling me that whenI use this app it will help me drop 10kg and I can eat junk food everyday as long as I dont go over my daily calorie count that the app provide me to loose weight?

Absolutely...assuming of course you have 10kg to lose.

Caloric deficit, the only way to lose weight!

You will however do damage to your body as you will not get the nutritional intake you require...

Absolutely...assuming of course you have 10kg to lose.

Caloric deficit, the only way to lose weight!

You will however do damage to your body as you will not get the nutritional intake you require...

Don't get me wrong, its not like I will eat and drink in that kind of way, just want to ensure that I will or that its possible to reach your goal with the app

Don't get me wrong, its not like I will eat and drink in that kind of way, just want to ensure that I will or that its possible to reach your goal with the app

When you see how much cal those meals contain it will stop you from eating them also. I have been eating much healthier also since using it.

When you see how much cal those meals contain it will stop you from eating them also. I have been eating much healthier also since using it.

My friend that's studying nutrition made a good point , eating restricted calories will make you lose weight though it's not necessarily healthy. It's quite possible to consume your daily calories in junk, but it makes you think twice whether it's worth it. Been quite shocking to see amount of sodium etc in a lot of the vegetarian protein things I eat.

Also remember not to consume the calories you gain from exercise if you link it to a device. :)

Also remember not to consume the calories you gain from exercise if you link it to a device. :)

Thats the hard part... I don't feel miff or pap wrt tje restricted calories tho. I'm also never really starving. Trying to eat something every 4hrs. I'm no expert at nutrition tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Some feedback from my side since my last post...

This is in no way a sponsored post! I have struggled with weight before and would like to share some of my success.

I have being seeing a Nutritionist in Bryanston for the past few weeks and I have seen incredible power/weight gains. More clean muscle mass, less fat and a much better eating plan - both on and off the saddle!

* My pre-race supplements have simplified and gone back to basics  :clap:

* My race supplements have taken a complete 180 :clap: - understanding what is available to fuel you.

*My post race recovery remains the same (Chocolate Sterie Stumpie of course... :ph34r: )

During the week, with intense training leading up to the Argus, I feel like I have energy and I am not craving food. I now better understand my body make up - in terms of water, fat and muscle...knowing how medication might affect my weight. 

I would be happy to pass these details on to anyone who might be interested in exploring this avenue. I am incredibly impressed with my results - although it does cost a bit, it is definitely worth it!

Weight before cycling: 102kg

Weight before nutritionist: 84kg

Current weight: 78kg (target 75kg)

Current body fat percentage:13% (target 8% - 12%)

Clean muscle gains: 81% - 85%