MyFitnessPal

Pieter1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very accurate as far as counting calories intake and spent energy , takes time initially to load a few items that are not on the data based, the scanner works brilliantly , but once you build up a "list" of common eaten foods it goes quick, great for tracking intake i think its future weight prediction is VERY optermistic, good app

very accurate as far as counting calories intake and spent energy , takes time initially to load a few items that are not on the data based, the scanner works brilliantly , but once you build up a "list" of common eaten foods it goes quick, great for tracking intake i think its future weight prediction is VERY optermistic, good app

Sweet! Glad to hear. I see a few things I scanned yesterday came up with American products. Is there a SA function or setting? The OZ thing is also buging me can that be changed to grammes?

also making use of it. very satisfied with the functionality and the food database list.

you can even log that woolworths ceasar pasta salad you had ;)

I have used the app for a few months now and while I do think it is a great app, there is one issue I have - when logging a ride, it sometimes duplicates or even triplicates the information, in these cases I manually delete the additional rides.

I primarily use the app now to track intake and in terms of breakdowns, food composition (carbs, fat and protein) it really ticks all the boxes. 

Once you have your regular foods set up it is easy to use and takes a minute or two to update on a daily basis.

I have used it, mainly when I needed to get down to race weight, its very useful to see how your calorie intake balances against exercise and daily needs. I loved it when it was serving a weight loss purpose, and used if for about 6 weeks. Now I dont touch it anymore, but will probably go back once I have winter fat to lose.

I have used the app for a few months now and while I do think it is a great app, there is one issue I have - when logging a ride, it sometimes duplicates or even triplicates the information, in these cases I manually delete the additional rides.

I primarily use the app now to track intake and in terms of breakdowns, food composition (carbs, fat and protein) it really ticks all the boxes. 

Once you have your regular foods set up it is easy to use and takes a minute or two to update on a daily basis.

I ONCE FOUND AN APP that i was playing with and it flashed up a function to "link" it to other fitness apps like strava but it was quick and when i went back i couldnt find it again, im sure you can link it i must just find where, it would then be perfect because its actual info no guessing and approx. values

Are you running on an Apple device?

I have it linked to Strava and when Apple Health was launched I linked activities there as well and it started duplicating. Disable the same activities syncing from multiple locations and it should be fine.

I have it linked to Strava and when Apple Health was launched I linked activities there as well and it started duplicating. Disable the same activities syncing from multiple locations and it should be fine.

I believe red apples are better than green. Will have to see what the app says. :ph34r:

I ONCE FOUND AN APP that i was playing with and it flashed up a function to "link" it to other fitness apps like strava but it was quick and when i went back i couldnt find it again, im sure you can link it i must just find where, it would then be perfect because its actual info no guessing and approx. values

I have linked MyFitnessPal to both Strava and Garmin Connect - I suspect this is creating the issue of duplicating rides. Will try to disconnect Garmin and let you know if it fixes the bug.

Thanks - will take a look tonight.

Archived