Thule bike rack

abcdefg

Hi

I just bought a Thule tow bar 2 bike rack. The funny thing is it doesn't fit on my tow bar. It seems the ball is too big where the rack can't close properly. I can't seem to find any similar issues or answers. Any suggestions?

Hi

I just bought a Thule tow bar 2 bike rack. The funny thing is it doesn't fit on my tow bar. It seems the ball is too big where the rack can't close properly. I can't seem to find any similar issues or answers. Any suggestions?

There's a knob/dial thing that you turn to adjust it .it just under the push down lever thing .

post-44041-0-70670400-1424113852_thumb.jpg

What's the riffles knod uni?

"Uni" is the first hubber who commented on your question. So Meentb is basically saying, look for the riffled knob.

Guest notmyname

Round and round and round and round and round and Uni and Google and Uni.

Yes I understand I need to look for the know. But what does it do?

It adjusts the size of the clamp to accomodate different tow bar sizes.

off the top of my head, clockwise is bigger.

When moving mine between different tow bars, I rest the rack on the towbar and turn the knob slowly until it slips on. If after a few turns and it's still not right - turn it the other direction.

Guest notmyname

It adjusts the size of the clamp to accomodate different tow bar sizes.

off the top of my head, clockwise is bigger.

When moving mine between different tow bars, I rest the rack on the towbar and turn the knob slowly until it slips on. If after a few turns and it's still not right - turn it the other direction.

YOU ROCK UNI!

Thanks a lot guys. But I cant seem to find it. where on the rack is it?

These racks work a bit different than the platform ones, you have to move the horizontal clamp down bar (where the straps are connected) up or down on the rack itself - this will allow the bar to clamp a bigger or smaller tow ball.  Move it up to allow for a bigger tow ball

Archived