Thule bike rack

abcdefg

Cool. The manual isn't very clear so figured I would ask the experts. Thanks for the help, the worry I had is that my towball is too big for the bike rack. Starting looking at options to replace the tow bar... lol :clap:

Ha Ha, No stress. I had the same issue with my thule one. Mine had two M6 nuts below the cover that needed adjustment. Also took me awhile to figure it out!!!

So just some feedback. When passed the shop and it turns out I just wasn't pushing it in hard enough. Didn't need any adjustments. Anyway it seems quite solid. I'm really impressed with the build quality

Glad you came right. Sorry for ASSuming it was a platform one and confusing matters. Happy safe riding.

• 3 years later...

Hi all

Using an old thread for a question, I have a Thule bike rack, and was curious, what is the advice around the cleaning of a Thule bike rack, do you just spray it off, use some grease on the clamp mechanism, spray some Q20 or something to prevent moisture and rust?

I had the same issue when I got a new car - it appears the new tow balls have a slightly wider reinforced neck. I ended up just swapping the bolt on tow ball.

Hi all

Using an old thread for a question, I have a Thule bike rack, and was curious, what is the advice around the cleaning of a Thule bike rack, do you just spray it off, use some grease on the clamp mechanism, spray some Q20 or something to prevent moisture and rust?

I actually never cleaned my thule as I avoided dirt roads when I had it on.  Was easy as I did not do MTB rides then.  So stored it in the garage.  The most cleaning I did on it so far was just wiping the dust off with a cloth.

I just wash mine when I clean the bikes. Some simple soap and water, and rinse well.

I’ve never had any issues with rust (most of the rack is plastic, aluminium, or powder coated steel)...

I normally wash the bikes on a bikestand.

Sunday was the second time this year that I washed the bikes on the Thule Rack, and then also cleaning the rack.

Inbetween I have used a damp cloth to wipe it down.

Archived