[Event] Perdeberg MTB Funride

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: Perdeberg MTB Funride
When: 7 March 2015
Where: Perdeberg Winery, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Inaugural mountain bike event will bring new trails to the Paarl area

There are so many outdoor events in the Western Cape these days and riders can pick & choose from trail systems too. The sport of mountain biking has grown phenomenally and off-road cyclist are always looking for something fresh to ride. On the 7th of March, Dirtopia will be bringing you a 16km and 36 km from Perdeberg winery that will be held with the Paarl Ommiberg Festival in the region.

Dirtopia is a well-known event & trail management company that has experience of more than 15 years. Events from their team include Die Burger MTB Challenge, Amarider 100Miler, Spur MTB Classic and many more. Director & trail extraordinaire Meurant Botha has also consulted this area to open permanent marked trails after the event.

START TIMES: 08h30 for long distance and 08h45 for short distance

REGISTRATION: From 07h00 at the venue on event day. Coffee from Cafe Pronto available.

ENTRY FEES: Short distance R90 for tagholders R110 other pre-entries

Long route R110 for tagholders R130 other pre-entries

Late entries taken on the morning will be R20 extra.

ROUTE DESCRIPTIONS:

15km: The route is easy, open riding, with beautiful vistas of the winelands. Mostly open veld and vineyard riding, with a short distance on district road. One waterpoint for this route.

35km: With the same start as the short route, followed by a few long, gradual climbs; you’ll ride to the most southern part of the route with views over the Durbanville farms and Table Mountain. Two waterpoints on the long route with the same riding as the short route back to Perdeberg Winery. (Mostly open veld and vineyard riding, with a short distance on district road).

GENERAL:

There will be well stocked waterpoints on the routes and medals for all finishers. Make sure you stay for the lucky draw, as all riders will stand a chance to win a Giant Simple Single Bike and many more great prizes.

Bring your families and friends to enjoy and soak up the atmosphere that surrounds this event and beautiful estate. Relax, socialize and enjoy good food, taste some award winning wines and let the kids be entertained by jumping castles & face painting.

The Paarl Ommiberg Festival takes place on the same day as well. Go to

Timing will be done by Amarider Trail Tag that will be live on www.trailtag.co.za
CONTACT FOR EVENT:
Dirtopia on 021 8844752 or e-mail:
and please visit the website for more information:

Go to Event Page

• 2 weeks later...

This would be a great ride, but the timing guys. The day before Argus? Yes there are some people not riding Argus, but most are. Good luck neway.

Hmm... I don't know. Very bad timing.

Maybe I should do both? How tough is the 35km one? Don't wana be useless at the Argus

I love the timing, not every Tom Dick and Harry is doing the Argus - I HATE the Argus and will NEVER do it. I'm doing this little ride. You sheep enjoy the Argus RIPOFF! 

@Marius - Don't think you have to call people sheep for doing it. Some people (like myself) are doing it to enjoy a nice ride with friends and lots of fun people on the side. Not that it matters why I am doing it, just different strokes...

Then you might as well also be called a sheep for being a cyclist, don't you think?

I can use more examples, like why my mom (age 55) rather does the Argus and not a MTB event with single tracks etc

@Marius - Don't think you have to call people sheep for doing it. Some people (like myself) are doing it to enjoy a nice ride with friends and lots of fun people on the side. Not that it matters why I am doing it, just different strokes...

I think that was actually a very valid comment from Marius  :ph34r: And I'm one of the sheep doing the Argus, maybe he is right, this ride might attract some "real" mtb'ers not interested in the Argus - but very brave to host it on this date...

@Skubarra - Yes, I'm not saying he is wrong at all. Just that people look at things differently and do certain events for different reasons :-) But yes, very brave to have it on the Saterday... Still, I am very tempted to do it, because I'm not worried about a "good" Argus time.

IF you are a "Real Hardcore Sheep'ish MTB'er" you'll do this event & the CTCT also on your mtb.

Well I for 1 don't like the Argus. Too many people but I have nothing against the race. Did a couple so it is an educated opinion

I will do this ride as part of a 4hr ride for me on the day. With just 230 odd meters of climbing it won't be too taxing at all

Well I for 1 don't like the Argus. Too many people but I have nothing against the race. Did a couple so it is an educated opinion

I will do this ride as part of a 4hr ride for me on the day. With just 230 odd meters of climbing it won't be too taxing at all

I saw now. Will be a proper funride

Well this is a definite option now that the CTCT is only 47 km

I am doing it now for sure. Sorry Marius, you are going to encounter a lot of sheep on the route now. 

Archived