How to verify a buyers identity

Fernando

Was for him. But no haggling at all. Plus wanted his driver to collect.

classic!!! these are all the tell take signs of a scammer. "Want to collect immediately, driver will pick it up", etc.

Get him to come collect the bike. Tie him up and wait for the money to clear. When it doesn't, beat him up, call the police and tell them you caught him trying to steal your bike.

Also, was the 'buyer' responding to your ad on thehub or gumtree/similar?

im almost certain the "buyer" only responded via gumtree

I had a bike for sale on gumtry. I stay in WC and and he lives in Gauteng. About 20min after I posted the ad a guy calls me. He wants the bike. I must please send him my Banking details and address. He wants to make the payment so that the courier company can pick it up. I said NO. Even if you give your details and he doesn't buy, the guys got your name, surname, address and banking detials. Imagine if he gets hold of your id number? Might use your detials for the next scam

Edited by Boerklong

There are some hubbers you can trust. Meet with him and if you get an uneasy feeling or something feels off tell him no. Does he have ref on the hub marketplace?