Ja nee

ballisticz4

As some of you might know or have read. I had a large frame Orbea a while back. Brilliant bike to say the least, drove like a Caddy. Problem was, at only 1.67m i developed very bad wrist pains. The more i used ut the worst it got. Bike was sold with the intention of getting something else, which i eventually did get. A supposed 6 month old Huffy DS7. Ja ja, not the best or great at all. Now after riding it for one day, problems started creeping in. First to go was the rear wheel. It was perfect when i left, but on my way home the wheel had buckled all on its own. How is that even possible? New wheel as its to far gone to repair, according to the cycle shop in Plumstead. Sad part is, it uses a cog, no cassette.

Second problem, on the same day nogal. The shock, this might be difficult to explain, the thing sort of flexes. Its like looking down the length of metal tube and bending it. Scary na.

Anyway, seller not interested in hearing anything. According to him it was all fine.

Just thought I would share my story with yall.

Cycling on a regular basis just ain't for me.

Lol, i never bought it there. I was warned about them once before. Tree of Gum provide me with the kopseer this time around. Why cant people just be donders honest. Suppose its to much to ask that of them.

Edited by ballisticz4

Sorry to say this and take it as constructive critism.

Your Huffy will eventually fall apart into a pile of twisted steel. There should be warnings about these types of bikes, like they have on cigarette boxes.

What you are experiencing is the start of the breakages. Do your self a favour and get rid of it now.

Constructive criticism accepted. Would at least like to get the wheel and shock sorted first. I wouldn't want the next person to go through what i am going through. As it stands, to buy a new wheel and get the fork sorted is gonna cost more than the bike

Huffy is the Wal-Mart equivalent of a Checkers special, also known as a BSO or Bicycle Shaped Object. Looks like a bike, is in fact a medium sized pile of scrap metal with stickers on it.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT spend any money on fixing it. Consider what you have spent on it so far a sunk cost, take it to a scrapyard, recoup what you can, and start saving for something that actually works.

I'd recommend obike.co.za for something new or Cycle Traders in Woodstock for second hand as a good starting point, or keep an eye on the classifieds here. Many a good deal has been found between these 3 sources.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.