Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Can anyone please let me know how to get activities from Garmin Connect to the watch itself. Sync doesn't seem to work.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone please let me know how to get activities from Garmin Connect to the watch itself. Sync doesn't seem to work.

what sort of activities? Ones that you have created on GC? If so, you need to put the watch in its charging dock and plug it in to the USB port on the computer that you have GC on. 

what sort of activities? Ones that you have created on GC? If so, you need to put the watch in its charging dock and plug it in to the USB port on the computer that you have GC on. 

An indoor cycling, I down load from selfloops into Garmin connect, now trying to get from Garmin connect to the watch.

I have noticed that Garmin connect is saving it as an activity from my old Garmin 500, I'm thinking that is the problem. I am now trying to change devices in Garmin Connect but no such luck.

An indoor cycling, I down load from selfloops into Garmin connect, now trying to get from Garmin connect to the watch.

I have noticed that Garmin connect is saving it as an activity from my old Garmin 500, I'm thinking that is the problem. I am now trying to change devices in Garmin Connect but no such luck.

Go to Activities screen on Garmin Connect and then download the *.fit file in question to your pc.

Now connect your fenix and browse to the Activities folder and copy the fit files there.

Should work as that is where your watch stores activities ;)

Go to Activities screen on Garmin Connect and then download the *.fit file in question to your pc.

Now connect your fenix and browse to the Activities folder and copy the fit files there.

Should work as that is where your watch stores activities ;)

That part there has me stumped. How do I do that from Garmin connect? Can do it from Selfloops but then doesn't stay on the watch when I copy over.

Sorry for all the questions, I am no techie.

That part there has me stumped. How do I do that from Garmin connect? Can do it from Selfloops but then doesn't stay on the watch when I copy over.

Sorry for all the questions, I am no techie.

Ok so I managed to save the files onto the PC, now when I copy and paste in to the watch activities it doesn't stay there when I unplug the watch.

Ok so I managed to save the files onto the PC, now when I copy and paste in to the watch activities it doesn't stay there when I unplug the watch.

The file is being downloaded as a *.ZIP you need to unzip/extract that and copy the *.fit file that is extracted from that to the GARMIN > ACTIVITY folder on your F3.

Just quickly tested and if I then go to my watch HISTORY > ACTIVITIES it appears.

The file is being downloaded as a *.ZIP you need to unzip/extract that and copy the *.fit file that is extracted from that to the GARMIN > ACTIVITY folder on your F3.

Just quickly tested and if I then go to my watch HISTORY > ACTIVITIES it appears.

Did all the unzipping, got the .fit file, copy and paste to the F3 activity folder. Then unplug the watch and it isn't in History > Activities on my F3.

Did all the unzipping, got the .fit file, copy and paste to the F3 activity folder. Then unplug the watch and it isn't in History > Activities on my F3.

No ish man then I don't know.  Just tried it again with another one of my old exercise files and it works.  Which version of the firmware are you running?

.  Which version of the firmware are you running?

I not even shooting a film.....

Have no idea.

Why you wanting to fill up your fenix 3 memory with activities that are already on GC?

Why you wanting to fill up your fenix 3 memory with activities that are already on GC?

Presuming that it would make a difference in Recovery Advisor.

Presuming that it would make a difference in Recovery Advisor.

would not know re recovery advisor and not sure anyone takes that info seriously

If you are recording your indoor cycling, why do you not just use your F3 to record the same indoor cycling at the same time?

What bike you training on? As looking at the selfloops webpage all equipment is Ant+ and Bluetooth smart.

So you should be able to pair your F3 with the equipment you are using like a lot of us do with the watbike and cycleops trainers

Edited by shaper

As for activities and memory storage, I only keep the current months activities on the F3, anything prior to the current month is removed and copied to a folder on my computer for safe keeping and should I require the fit file.

I had problems with a 910XT which started to have issues because of full memory, so now make sure there is plenty of memory on my F3

Edited by shaper