Berg and Bush 2015

Ratty

Entries open tomorrow :-)

After completing our 3rd one last year, we said it was our last.  It gets expensive and its a mission when travelling from Cape Town. 

Then I started getting the emails and saw they now have a shuttle option to and from the airport.  Now that makes logistics a whole lot easier.  Also a lot cheaper as we don't have to pay for car hire, car shuttle, 1st nights accommodation etc.

Plus, is the 10th year of the Berg and Bush !!!

So, tomorrow at 10am, I will be sitting glued to my pc so that I can enter :-)  As I've done it before I am guaranteed and entry (I wouldn't be posting this otherwise). 

Any other hubbers planning on doing it this year?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip.. we are in for it again this year. Wanted to do the midweek one. But it's really difficult with the kids and school that time if the year, so we'll be doing the 2day again. Will be my 3e and hubby's 4th.

I have done 2 but with variety being the spice of life and only having enough money/time to do one stage race a year, I'm thinking of doing something different this year.  :-)

Maybe the iSimangaliso MTB race or 3 Towers.

Hoping to get in for my second this year. Did the Descent last year and loved it. Due to the misty conditions we had on day one we missed out on all of the views, so we have to go back, right?!!

Won't be riding with the same partner though and the entry last year was his, so I'm not quite sure how this will pan out. Will give it a shot and see what happens.

I am definitely considering to do the Great Trek again this year.  I did it last year and we made a 10 day holiday out of the trip.

I first need to establish my work commitments for the second half of the year before I can enter though.  Should know by the end of the week.

Absolutely awesome event, and this year they will allow riders to ride the Bell run the day before, which is great.

Also entering again :clap:

I see they will have the hill climb challenge for the other events as well, so going to do that!!!

I intend entering my first, which is the best of the 3 day events to do?

Both are fantastic! 

If you want to race, the Descent is the better one, but its harder to get into as its also the weekend option vs during the week.

Also entering again :clap:

I see they will have the hill climb challenge for the other events as well, so going to do that!!!

I prefer the option of them driving us to the top and we just get to go down again :-) 

The Bell run sounds interesting with the 2 different options.  I wonder how advance the "advanced" option will be.  I had a clean run last year with no traffic, was awesome.

I prefer the option of them driving us to the top and we just get to go down again :-) 

The Bell run sounds interesting with the 2 different options.  I wonder how advance the "advanced" option will be.  I had a clean run last year with no traffic, was awesome.

Haha, that does sound like a lot more fun ja!

It does sound interesting, luckily we get to test it beforehand, so you know which way to go before you get to the section. I was at the back of the field, so didn't have a very good run at the berms, but got some space to attack the table tops. Going to work on some skills this year in preparation... :ph34r:

Entry done[emoji16]

+1

So excited! Managed to get into the Great Trek. Really looking forward to this.

Sani, Transbaviaans and B&B in one year - I'm really blessed!

+1

So excited! Managed to get into the Great Trek. Really looking forward to this.

Sani, Transbaviaans and B&B in one year - I'm really blessed!

We got in for the Descent. Super excited!

Looks like we're following the same program! Sani, Trans Baviaans & B&B for us too! Shaping up to be an awesome year!

Archived