Solomons

Shocking. Kudos for naming and shaming. I would like to see them justify this. Just shocking.

Ahh man not cool at all. Iv never trusted those people from solomans. I once walked into a solomans in joburg(park meadows across from eastgate shopping centre) and there where new bikes leaning against each other with pedals hooked in spokes. The helmuts where in a big pile out of boxes(also new). Thanks for the heads up, Seems its not a specific store but the brand?

Good luck hope you come right.

Is 

Ahh man not cool at all. Iv never trusted those people from solomans. I once walked into a solomans in joburg(park meadows across from eastgate shopping centre) and there where new bikes leaning against each other with pedals hooked in spokes. The helmuts where in a big pile out of boxes(also new). Thanks for the heads up, Seems its not a specific store but the brand?

Good luck hope you come right.

Is that not Cajees, Solomons is in Woodmead. 

Is 

Is that not Cajees, Solomons is in Woodmead. 

Hmm now you got me thinking. I think you might be right.

My bad. Apologies for mentioning the wrong store :oops:

These kind of shops Solomons/Cajees etc are perhaps where you buy spares not where you use the workshops.

Sad experience on such a nice bike, you would expect some love and attention to be spent on it, probably the shop was grumpy about having to do a return/refund and couldn't care less how your bike was put back together, very unprofessional to say the least perhaps even down right criminal negligence putting a bike together like that.

Seems you had a bad luck experience with them.  They did an outstanding service job on my bike. that was not even bought from them.

These kind of shops Solomons/Cajees etc are perhaps where you buy spares not where you use the workshops.

Sad experience on such a nice bike, you would expect some love and attention to be spent on it, probably the shop was grumpy about having to do a return/refund and couldn't care less how your bike was put back together, very unprofessional to say the least perhaps even down right criminal negligence putting a bike together like that.

I Wont take My wheelbarrow there .

That's shocking.. Great to see cyclesphere sorted it out. Good service is hard to find.i go to Leigh's cycle centre and the job gets done 110% every time ..

Not sure Leeroy - think Leigh's pav has only gone downhill since the Umhlanga store opened.

Have yet to try the Umhlanga store itself, but Pav is missing Jason or any form of management badly!

To the OP, im terribly sorry! Nothing short of disgusting service, wont be back there!

This story has a happy ending, Arshard the owner of Solomons has contacted me and will be refunding me in full for the frame, the parts that were supplied that were of no use and the labour.  I intend to remove the post once this has been processed.

This story has a happy ending, Arshard the owner of Solomons has contacted me and will be refunding me in full for the frame, the parts that were supplied that were of no use and the labour. I intend to remove the post once this has been processed.

The "POWER"OF the HUB......????????????

I broke a spoke on the Saturday morning ride before the Amashova last year - tandem's rear wheel, so it wasn't just me that didn't have a ride for the next day if it couldn't be fixed.

Solomon's were at the expo, and were more than happy to help - at the shop, not the expo. I ended up buying stuff I didn't necessarily had to buy.

For an out of towner, rushing into the shop at the 11th hour and requesting help, I have a completely different outlook of the Durban store. I will support them if I am down in Durbs again, and need to visit a bike shop.

The "POWER"OF the HUB......

I would add to that the fact that the OP came on with a strong case, well explained and with the necessary photographic evidence. In light of this it would be difficult for any bike shop to refute what he was saying.

This may or may not have led to said bike shop deciding to do good to prevent any further tainting of their name.

Archived