‘Middle-aged businessmen are winning amateur races on EPO’

nonky

Scotty-m and Patchelicious, I think anyone involved in a competitive sport should be at risk of being tested. I was alluding to some other threads where the discussions have raged and comments made that testing amateurs is a waste of money etc.

I think a lot of people have lots to hide, hence the heated responses that appear when some "nobody" tests positive and is banned.

But then again, there will always be cheats, whether it is doping, taking shortcuts or sitting trucks to catch a breakaway. Especially when money is involved.

Scotty-m and Patchelicious, I think anyone involved in a competitive sport should be at risk of being tested. I was alluding to some other threads where the discussions have raged and comments made that testing amateurs is a waste of money etc.

I think a lot of people have lots to hide, hence the heated responses that appear when some "nobody" tests positive and is banned.

But then again, there will always be cheats, whether it is doping, taking shortcuts or sitting trucks to catch a breakaway. Especially when money is involved.

Nail - head

Just for the record, can anyone name any amateur races in SA that were won by middle-aged businessmen?

and this is different from Rugby, football, grid Iron, golf, lawn bowles and Jukskei how?

well..very few middle aged business men play rugby football, grid iron and lawn bowls...cant comment on Juksei though

p.s was lawn "bowels" meant to be spelt like that? in that old men playing lawn bowls can't keep control of their bowels?

Archived