2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

@Cassie , il rant about what I want to, freedom of speech . Vote DA not ANC please.

Point has been taken no need to remind about that last 20kms.

Are you coming.......out the Cassie  :eek:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Cassie , il rant about what I want to, freedom of speech . Vote DA not ANC please.

Eissssh bru, you were doing so well. Pick up the ball again, you're starting to play the man!! The community will chow you for no reason other than you are new and ready to tune!

Bring it back a few notches and in time you will make some interweb tjommies and laugh when you see someone new arrive after the stories about CTCT 2016 go down and the attitude is flowing unrestrained laced in a compliant!

Eissssh bru, you were doing so well. Pick up the ball again, you're starting to play the man!! The community will chow you for no reason other than you are new and ready to tune!

Bring it back a few notches and in time you will make some interweb tjommies and laugh when you see someone new arrive after the stories about CTCT 2016 go down and the attitude is flowing unrestrained laced in a compliant!

But those last 20 k's...........

But those last 20 k's...........

Thems fighting words right there BH!!!!!! It's always the last 20clicks with you hey  bru! Up your game ekse!  :cursing:  

:whistling:  :whistling:

Started in VB and my chain dropped 3.8km into the rest. The 1st of four and all on the hills. Legs felt good and my climbing really improved.

Manage

So I didn't win the race but I'm pretty sure I set a new record for distance launched over that speedbump in Steyn city. Yes, there was a guy with a whistle be by the time I figured out what he was whistling for I was airborne. SCAAARY! Should really paint that our something. Otherwise was an awesome ride, those last couple of km are nasty. Next year hopefully have a better seeding and less traffic.

How freakin insane was that speedbump in Steyn City!! I was so focused I saw nothing except when I hit it at speed definitely gunning 66km plus and caught speed wobble delux. Thought for a fleeting moment "this is it" then instinct took hold - bunny hopped and landed auto-correct on tar! Never mind the traffic circle at which point I decided "no way on these cobblestones" and saw a bloke come down hard.

Started in VB and my chain dropped 3.8km into the rest. The 1st of four and all on the hills. Legs felt good and my climbing really improved.

Manage

So I didn't win the race but I'm pretty sure I set a new record for distance launched over that speedbump in Steyn city. Yes, there was a guy with a whistle be by the time I figured out what he was whistling for I was airborne. SCAAARY! Should really paint that our something. Otherwise was an awesome ride, those last couple of km are nasty. Next year hopefully have a better seeding and less traffic.

How freakin insane was that speedbump in Steyn City!! I was so focused I saw nothing except when I hit it at speed definitely gunning 66km plus and caught speed wobble delux. Thought for a fleeting moment "this is it" then instinct took hold - bunny hopped and landed auto-correct on tar! Never mind the traffic circle at which point I decided "no way on these cobblestones" and saw a bloke come down hard.

I was going slowly enough to read the signs and interpret the hand signals and whistles but heard the squealing brakes of a tandem which thankfully had disc brakes but they obviously hit them a bit late because that tandem flew! Both wheels off the ground and they did a mid-air endo. They pulled it off. I wanted to clap! 

@ZDrone...you started this k@k issue boet :clap:  LOL...DID WE MAKE YOU CRY????

don't talk **** if you caused your OWN **** :thumbup:  :ph34r:  freedom of speech???...it was your own "speech" you had to back-pedal on, because the guys caught you out :whistling:  LOL...keep well and good luck with your DC :devil:

Are you coming.......out the Cassie  :eek:

Only after his mommy cleaned his little nappy

Shhhhhhh guys :ph34r:  my mom is also here on the Hub... :eek:  hopefully not reading this Fred :w00t:  :whistling:

Shhhhhhh guys :ph34r:  my mom is also here on the Hub... :eek:  hopefully not reading this Fred :w00t:  :whistling:

Not you! I'm talking about the little whining ZD!

They aren't just cheap, they are super cool too!

I want to buy one for my little sis for Christmas :) she doesnt ride (yet), but is 'arty' so think it is a good way to lure her in :)

Also had a brief chat to the one oke at the stand and he didnt know about 4Shaw socks! SO need to remind him to look into those  ^_^

I've been contemplating getting one to ride to the shops and back, as well as to gym. Seems crazy to get in the car, drive 3Km to end up riding a stationary (watt) bike.

Sorry to disappoint tubehunter but I also sucked at soccer.

Cassie yes my own speech which is FREE, Thanks

Mummy had to give a new nappy after that last 20km.

Dam I missing being a forum ninja !

I started in the 2nd last group. Riders were pushing their bikes before the Pooks Hill signpost. Lots of people sitting in the shade under the bridges on the highway . How on earth can the organisers realistically cater for this? Surely some sense has to prevail!

BTW ZDrone: congratulations with your epic ride and great result. We are all so proud of you! Maybe just a reminder that the seeding is done on the PPA index - does it ring a bell? Cape based? Presenter of a big race? Anything else you do better down there?

Did the route not change last year ?

I'm pretty sure it did . . . . For everyone. #evenplayingfield

:-)

Some serious downhills on the route, my max speed is 76.2kmh and riders were still passing me at that speed. 

Some serious downhills on the route, my max speed is 76.2kmh and riders were still passing me at that speed. 

You can get some decent speed on the route.

Last year I maxed on 98km/h...this year...heck, lets not talk about my ride this year...I made it all of 11.7km (which was just past hydration point 1) and had gone through 3 tubes by then...

Archived