2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first road ride in many years. Road with my wife. Started late. I could not believe the amount of Gu rappers and other food packets on the ground. As a MTB'er I'm not used to this litter. Not sure if it's a road thing or a 30000 cyclist thing. Whatever, it was poor form from us cyclists.

It's simple to me. You litter in any event, you're a box. In a larger field, there seem to be more boxes.

This was my first road ride in many years. Road with my wife. Started late. I could not believe the amount of Gu rappers and other food packets on the ground. As a MTB'er I'm not used to this litter. Not sure if it's a road thing or a 30000 cyclist thing. Whatever, it was poor form from us cyclists.

Don't think it is a roadie vs mtber thing. Put 30000 mtbers on the Karoo To Coast route and the result will be the same. You get tjops everywhere in life, even on our beloved bicycles

Thanks, will be great to see what others report?

Are you sure just 50? I think guys were clocking into the low 80"s....

I rode my '57 Raleigh dikwiel- that back pedal brake takes a looooong time to stop that bike... so I kept it around 50...

just a quick irrelevant question im hoping someone could shed light on

why do the ractec results start your timing from the group start rather than your own personal start time (i.e. when you cross the start line)?

just a quick irrelevant question im hoping someone could shed light on

why do the ractec results start your timing from the group start rather than your own personal start time (i.e. when you cross the start line)?

It's mostly that way for the licensed racing groups (Elites, Vets, etc.).  These groups often finish with a bunch sprint, and If they used mat-to-mat time you might have a situation where the first over the line is not the winner.

I do agree that for open seeded riders, this is probably not ideal. #funrideworldchamps

It's mostly that way for the licensed racing groups (Elites, Vets, etc.).  These groups often finish with a bunch sprint, and If they used mat-to-mat time you might have a situation where the first over the line is not the winner.

I do agree that for open seeded riders, this is probably not ideal. #funrideworldchamps

cool thought there was a good reason - thanks

Thanks, quite sure I have exceeded the 15k points allocation.

Yip so gave it a week and I was only awarded 50 vitality points for 94.7. Basically Bonus points for a workout over 30 minutes.