Trail buildiing expertise required

Vega

I stayed in a guesthouse close to Nelspruit over the weekend. The owners have started building some mtb trails, but need some opinions on what they have already done and advice on how to proceed further. I thought I will try to assist them.

If there are any trail builders who would like a free weekend/holiday in return for some advice/assistance, they would greatly appreciate it. Please pm me if interested and I will put you in contact with them.  

PS. The guesthouse is situated on a mountain in an area with lots of slopes suitable for gravity riding.

Unfortunately the best trail builders / designers charge a fee for their time. If you want something special that will attract lots of riders, it is a worthwhile investment.

Two great options: Hylton Turvey ( Karkloof), Bennett Nel / Ace of Spades ( Stellenbosch). Otherwise the guys from Mankele or Tranquillitas ( Waterval Boven) might be able to help, and they are close by.

The cheapest option is the IMB's trail building guide available online. ( You'll end up with beautiful, safe and somewhat boring trails)

Or you can just watch loads of YouTube videos of Bikeparks in Europe and BC,Canada...:)

Archived