[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #1 Helder Berg

WesselvdWalt

Guys,

I'm following all the posts.

Yesterday we spent the day cleaning the route removing markers, fixing fences, thanked some land owners spoke to Wannabees and went to Grabouw for a meeting.

We are currently driving back to Pretoria, where we are based and have just passed colesberg.

When I'm back in the office tomorrow I'll go through all the posts look at the overlays and do a response in what we perceive happened where.

I have already spoken to lead bikes and heard multiple accounts of various versions of what happened where.

What I can say, is that on race day we had all the right permissions for route access. Only one landowner had a problem and withdrew in the day before the event (even though he was at the meeting held by the wannabees club regarding the required access much earlier and did not raise any concerns) - this can be verified with the Wannabees club. ADVENDURANCE will under no circumstances trespass knowingly or go against a landowners wishes.

Please give me a day or two to respond.

We are as disappointed that this happened as you, and it's not the start we envisioned for the Western Cape.

Regards,

Wessel

Still nothing about 40km entries?  :ph34r:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if you want a "taste" of the Nissan Trailseeker Helderberg check out this video. Posted 13mins ago.

post-3951-0-59792400-1431356064_thumb.jpg

Guys,

I'm following all the posts.

Yesterday we spent the day cleaning the route removing markers, fixing fences, thanked some land owners spoke to Wannabees and went to Grabouw for a meeting.

We are currently driving back to Pretoria, where we are based and have just passed colesberg.

When I'm back in the office tomorrow I'll go through all the posts look at the overlays and do a response in what we perceive happened where.

I have already spoken to lead bikes and heard multiple accounts of various versions of what happened where.

What I can say, is that on race day we had all the right permissions for route access. Only one landowner had a problem and withdrew in the day before the event (even though he was at the meeting held by the wannabees club regarding the required access much earlier and did not raise any concerns) - this can be verified with the Wannabees club. ADVENDURANCE will under no circumstances trespass knowingly or go against a landowners wishes.

Please give me a day or two to respond.

We are as disappointed that this happened as you, and it's not the start we envisioned for the Western Cape.

Regards,

Wessel

You guys had a bit of shitty luck this time. Was still a great event. I am sure Grabouw is going to be perfect. Best of luck, I will be there.

Wessel, its a bow shooting an arrow! Been drown backwards slowly just to be led loose and fly with great speed.

You shall be back with more.

Louis

Also ended up with 28km on the 40km. Did not hit even 1 waterpoint? 

Welome to Africa I suppose. If they dont steal your bike or phone or money. They try and steal our fun aswell.

Hey Johny

Did the 28km route as well(40km) ;-)

I got 1 waterpoint where we entered a farm over the main tar road.And that was it...no further waterpoints...Pitty I didn't stop at the first one to grab something..luckily had enough fluids onboard.

I also did the 28km (40km) route but had two waterpoints.  The one referred to above and the one before the fairly long climb closer to the end.

Interested to see if they'll 'compensate' the 40km riders as well.

Us MTB-ers in this country are spoilt with the abundance of races and trails available to us. What happened in Helderberg can be compared to a freak incident - I myself have never heard of anything like that ever before.

So, come on guys, give the organizers a break - the entry fee "lost" is minute given the bigger experience and how fortunate we are to ride expensive bicycles week after week.

Stop demanding money back and irritating debates abt this nonsense and that...rather go help organize a race somewhere and donate your time to a charity or come help build me a trail for free....you'll feel so much better, I guarantee you..... :)

...and if you really can't afford a loss like that, well , then sell your car or some of your wife's expensive jewelry or other useless gadgets lying around your house but never stop pedalling! :)

Us MTB-ers in this country are spoilt with the abundance of races and trails available to us. What happened in Helderberg can be compared to a freak incident - I myself have never heard of anything like that ever before.

So, come on guys, give the organizers a break - the entry fee "lost" is minute given the bigger experience and how fortunate we are to ride expensive bicycles week after week.

Stop demanding money back and irritating debates abt this nonsense and that...rather go help organize a race somewhere and donate your time to a charity or come help build me a trail for free....you'll feel so much better, I guarantee you..... :)

...and if you really can't afford a loss like that, well , then sell your car or some of your wife's expensive jewelry or other useless gadgets lying around your house but never stop pedalling! :)

I have to agree with you..It would have been nice to receive a free entry for the next race but I have thought about it as well..not really bothered about it.If they decide to refund us for the next race, GREAT!!If not..also o.k!!Just entered the grabouw race now!!Looking forward!!

There were photographers on the route. These are the only pics they got...

post-41053-0-45032700-1431438110_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-10129300-1431438111_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-85170400-1431438111_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-85447800-1431438112_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-93576000-1431438113_thumb.jpg

Not sure where the riders are though...

I actually disagree with your statement.

Firstly, I will anyday come and help you build a trail for free. That would be awesome. :)

These event guys aren't non-profit organisations. They are there to make a profit. As discussed numerous times before....this industry prices are just crazy comparing to other sports. But when the bug has bitten, it has bitten and it's one amazing sport.

I do understand the frustration from a lot of the guys, even though we can't fault the organisers. People have come from all over the W-Cape for this race. It's time, petrol, money spend at the venue etc. It all adds up at the end of the day. They had certain expectations and it wasn't deliver. Thus I do feel it's right to give some of the 40km/70km compensation in some sort. Also, just if they can proof they did not complete the full route.

I am thinking this morning the fact that they are so quiet about the 40km ending up being 28km, maybe with the previous day's issues with the farmer they intentionally changed the route and it ended up being 28km and thats why they aren't commenting on any ones questions? Maybe we did take the right route it just wasn't the full 40km as we thought?

Archived