[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #3 Hemel & Aarde

WesselvdWalt

No dont, otherwise us back markers will ride to sundown.

Never mind my comment, i see the half only starts at 8h30 anyways.  :ph34r:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the weather forecast, could any of the Hermanus locals give us some idea of how well the long route drains and what its like in the wet? 

Hey Guys here are the updated start times:

10/10 07:15
Riders Briefing / Leaders Jersey Handover
10/10 07:30
Start Marathon
10/10 08:50
Start Half Marathon
10/10 09:40
Start Fun Race
10/10 10:05
Start Fun Ride
10/10 10:35
Winner of the Fun Ride Expected
10/10 10:40
Winner of the Fun Race Expected
10/10 10:35
Winner of the 1/2 Marathon expected
10/10 10:05
Winner of the Marathon expected
10/10 13:00
Prize Giving

Wel volgens die weer gaan net die maraton mense in die reen ry!  :whistling:  ons halfies gaan net die modder kry en ligte dou wat ons gaan afkoel!  :w00t:

I had a great time this morning. Tough route with loads of trail riding  :thumbup:

How'd everyone else find it?

Ya from what i gather their predictions for the climbing was off for all the routes.

But i did enjoy, stopped on 22km to help a guy fix his chain only to realize after getting a quick link from another rider that he threaded the chain in wrong and we had to break it again. Couldn't get the quick link out so broken another and then dropped the pin and couldn't find it so we broke the chain again 15 minutes later on our way again.

Guys, recording ascent with a Garmin, Strava on iPhone, Cyclemeter on iPhone or Google Earth is giving you extremely different results. That should be common knowledge by now. The beloved Strava only 'trusts' certain devices (like Garmin) and does its own calculation for everything else. It then usually greatly exaggerates the climbing and gets everybody upset when comparing against a route profile calculated with Google Earth.

The explanation behind this is not rocket science. Google it, understand it and then go and ride, and get less upset... :)

Guys, recording ascent with a Garmin, Strava on iPhone, Cyclemeter on iPhone or Google Earth is giving you extremely different results. That should be common knowledge by now. The beloved Strava only 'trusts' certain devices (like Garmin) and does its own calculation for everything else. It then usually greatly exaggerates the climbing and gets everybody upset when comparing against a route profile calculated with Google Earth. The explanation behind this is not rocket science. Google it, understand it and then go and ride, and get less upset... :)

So which you say is more accurate? Google Earth? Google Earth says more climbing than my strava, google earth shows more than my Bryton. Have another friend who got very close to GE with his tomtom. But basically all in all they are all 25% more than what the organizers said.

Like i said i had a lekker day on the bike, the wind was a bitch but still 20% is alot to be off! I dont quote a client and then tell him sorry i was 20% off on my quote hoes! Just saying!

Can't wait for round 4!

Who cares? It was awesome and the climbing really wasnt an issue.

If it is out it is out, you got more for the same price. Bargain

Did the marathon and man did i enjoy it.... Had a bit of trouble, my rear brake failed at 33km and i finished the last 30km on my front brake only. Other than that i enjoyed every single little bit of that trails, especially that single track section close to hermanus. Well done to Advendurance for an awesome event.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Ya from what i gather their predictions for the climbing was off for all the routes.

But i did enjoy, stopped on 22km to help a guy fix his chain only to realize after getting a quick link from another rider that he threaded the chain in wrong and we had to break it again. Couldn't get the quick link out so broken another and then dropped the pin and couldn't find it so we broke the chain again 15 minutes later on our way again.

I should have warned you that once you pop my link in its not coming out :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:.

Glad you guys got sorted eventually. :thumbup:

Archived