[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

ASG

And if they tell you they will use RaceTec, you enter and then they use somebody else and timing gets screwed up?

Will only enter if use the racetec events portal.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charles, thats my point, these are not what ifs, these were the promises made to me.

So the only "what if" here is the "what if it" these promises were made to you?

I do understand. I also did the Tour De Boland last year and was 1 of the most vocal about ASG..I was silenced because actions was taken to sort our my complaints. Emperors, Capital Classic, Jock Tour all went perfect. I had no foot to stand on to conplain. Yes Sondela was an issue with Racetec but do we know who wqs the quilty party? I never questioned it but the only think I heard from CSA staff there is that Racetec did not want to come due to entry numbers. So I dont want to blame anybody as I did not want to find out.

Agree also that ASG had an issue with the timing here but I cant again comment on the Tour of Good Hope actually but only that I can comment on what happened after the Tour De Boland where I was involved.

As mentioned earlier here. I drove next to the railway tracks where the Emperors is indicated to go through. I directly contacted Sonett and she took action quickly and said that Wynand will soon be there..I do not know what decision was made but also that I know a route cant just be changed without permission from the traffic department, sure ASG wil be busy at looking to change the route.

I do understand. I also did the Tour De Boland last year and was 1 of the most vocal about ASG..I was silenced because actions was taken to sort our my complaints. Emperors, Capital Classic, Jock Tour all went perfect. I had no foot to stand on to conplain. Yes Sondela was an issue with Racetec but do we know who wqs the quilty party? I never questioned it but the only think I heard from CSA staff there is that Racetec did not want to come due to entry numbers. So I dont want to blame anybody as I did not want to find out.

Agree also that ASG had an issue with the timing here but I cant again comment on the Tour of Good Hope actually but only that I can comment on what happened after the Tour De Boland where I was involved.

As mentioned earlier here. I drove next to the railway tracks where the Emperors is indicated to go through. I directly contacted Sonett and she took action quickly and said that Wynand will soon be there..I do not know what decision was made but also that I know a route cant just be changed without permission from the traffic department, sure ASG wil be busy at looking to change the route.

AHA!! You spoke to Sonett, there's the secret :) That lady is a superstar, I have a lot of respect and empathy for her. She is the only one from ASG that seems to actually care. ASG is lucky to have her.

Further to our previous post race remarks, please note the following:

After the timing and results issues we experienced at the Tour of Good Hope our race secretary has been engaging with RaceTec over the past week on timing and results for the 2017 edition.

And the good news is that RaceTec are on board and have committed themselves to the 2017 event (thanks MarlonJ). They will create extra capacity for the 2017 Tour of Good Hope in the lead-up to the Cape Town Cycle Tour and assume the intricate task of timing the event for us.

ASG accepts full responsibility and offer our unconditional apology for riders who were affected by incorrect results in the 2016 Tour.

We remain committed to resolving all results queries, which have to be communicated with Grevile Ruddock on grevile@iafrica.com

After the timing and results issues we experienced at the Tour of Good Hope our race secretary has been engaging with RaceTec over the past week on timing and results for the 2017 edition.

And the good news is that RaceTec are on board and have committed themselves to the 2017 event (thanks MarlonJ). They will create extra capacity for the 2017 Tour of Good Hope in the lead-up to the Cape Town Cycle Tour and assume the intricate task of timing the event for us.

ASG accepts full responsibility and offer our unconditional apology for riders who were affected by incorrect results in the 2016 Tour.

We remain committed to resolving all results queries, which have to be communicated with Grevile Ruddock on grevile@iafrica.com

Well done.

Apology accepted.

You followed our link in our blog :D

Thanks guys, really appreciate the apology! 

See you in 2017 for another awesome week!!

Amazing news - congrats.

An awesome event! See you in 2017 :)

So for 2017 we can get sunglasses and helmets and 2 bottles of branded ASG wine? For the mistake that's been made even if I did not compete? 

Lol just teasing

But the wine will be accepted gladly as the event is in Wine country

So for 2017 we can get sunglasses and helmets and 2 bottles of branded ASG wine? For the mistake that's been made even if I did not compete? 

Lol just teasing

We got wine this year :D

We got wine this year :D

Doesn't wine/alcohol dehydrate.?

May have contributed to some of the water issues.  :ph34r:

Another complaint. This is a horrible place for a race what with all the wine one can have.

This is worth posting again. :clap:

Awesome well done guys. And now that we're all finished biaaaatching about timing..... I can focus on my abovementioned complaint. :clap:

Lol just teasing

Red wine is a horrible recovery drink :whistling:

post-25309-0-01833800-1458049122_thumb.jpg

Archived