[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

ASG

Why did they move to the 6th this year?

I heard something about the stadium being booked on the 13th, so what happened at the stadium last Sunday?

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Municipal buy-in was fantastic which, amongst other special moments, enabled us to summit Bains Kloof (for the first time in many years in a cycling tour), Du Toit’s Kloof and Franschhoek Pass as well as being afforded wonderful traffic control to take the race through the centre of Paarl – 3 times!

FYI, Cape Epic is using Bainskloof pass today and not for the first time.

FYI, Cape Epic is using Bainskloof pass today and not for the first time.

Bainskloof or Bainskloof Pass?

Why did they move to the 6th this year?

I heard something about the stadium being booked on the 13th, so what happened at the stadium last Sunday?

Didn't the Cape Town Festival take place on Saturday (12th).?

MTB Trail / Trail running trail. Quite a beautiful area.

there's trails all around there, but only one viable option to get a mtb from the breede valley/wolsely to wellington...and that's the tar road they're using.

MTB Trail / Trail running trail. Quite a beautiful area.

Are you referring to the Welvanpas trails - quite beatiful as you say but doesn't take you over bainskloof. Epic will be using that and Bainskloof.

Are you referring to the Welvanpas trails - quite beatiful as you say but doesn't take you over bainskloof. Epic will be using that and Bainskloof.

Good point. Seems they may take to the tar then?

Good point. Seems they may take to the tar then?

afaik, but there are definitely worse tar roads out there to cycle with your mtb - I wouldn't mind doing bainskloof if I was doing the epic

Didn't the Cape Town Festival take place on Saturday (12th).?

Yes. But I cant see how that would've interfered with CTCT.

Did any of you guys stay in Franschhoek this year? What is the drive like to La Paris in the morning.

Thinking of shifting my base for next year to entice my Chief Financial Officer :ph34r:

Did any of you guys stay in Franschhoek this year? What is the drive like to La Paris in the morning.

Thinking of shifting my base for next year to entice my Chief Financial Officer :ph34r:

I did, it was quick and easy. Just need to make sure if they dropping you that they dont get caught in the convoy of the race itself (and roleur or tour de boland)

if ASG consulted the local boland clubs i'm sure they would be able to come up with a better route (safer) than this year. the road back to le paris is narrow with many beeg trucks - we dont cycle that road anymore.

Archived