KZNMTB Enduro/DH #3 - Giba MTB Park

nigelhicks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All.

Thanks for a great event. Weather was good, trails were good and there was some super great racing/riding going on.

Results can be found at

http://www.elitetiming.co.za/Results/2015Results/tabid/123/Default.aspx

There are quite a few pics on Facebook, so dig around and see what you can find.

See you all at the KZN champs on 06 and 07 June 2015 at Cascades MTB park. It's going to be another goodie.

safe to assume I am not the only one suffering withdrawal symptoms.

superb weekend on bikes

awesome trails

awesome event

awesome mates 

awesome awesome awesome

many many many thanks for the tireless efforts of Nigel and Dave.....and every other person from Kzn Mtb we see at every event.... these peeps deserve a massive round of applause....without them none of this would happen

also massive props and kudos to all the Jozi boys that travel down to our events....

the banter with you lads on the trails is top shelf stuff..... its awesome having you lads here.....and the rivalry is intense.... LOVE IT

we in KZN should ALL make a point of getting to Hakahana 2nd enduro...... having done the first one i can tell you it is well worth the travel..... and its the right thing to do seeing as the Jozi boys AND GIRLS support our events so well.... come on chaps pull finger....

thanks again to all involved

and well done to all of you for putting wheels to dirt and giving it hell for leather

Thanks for the event Dave & Nige!  :clap:

I bailed on Enduro, and bailed on DH practice, but had so much fun anyway.

The DH course was intimidating at first, but so much fun once I figured out how to do it safely!  :w00t:

Hi All.

There are quite a few pics on Facebook, so dig around and see what you can find.

Any chance of linking to the pics or giving clues where they may be hiding?  :whistling:

Awesome event  :clap:  :clap:  !!! Would have been stoked if I could have stayed on the bike a little more in my race runs , but thats my own stupidty and am wearing it today !!

Amped for KZN Champs :eek:

My legs are currently hating on Nige and Dave today..

That said it was an epic enduro event with really great stages!! sp1 & 4 being my favourite!! It was also my first DH event which made for an awesome weekend!!

Definitely worth the drive down from jhb!!

Was an awesome event - thanks so much to our whole team who make it possible.

DaveD - (for taking over the admin side while I was away and getting all stressed out ... :whistling:  :whistling: )

Morne Odendaal

Dellah Paul

Barbra Fey

Nick Floros

Martin and Martin

Shane and his team at Elite timing.

and then NMI-DSM for giving us tons of cash ...

And Adele and Jethro at Giba Gorge for letting us have the event.!

What a weekend!!! Awesome riding, trails and people, always worth the trip down from Jozi - Thanks to Nige, Dave, Giba and all involved.

Had a blast but once again I'm reminded of how much time I still need to put in with regards to my fitness, especially upper leg strength. Last two stages were awesome but my legs were too pap to peddle and ride hard. Like a tool, I also took two silly detours costing me too much time. My inner GPS is many months out of date. Lol.

Totally agree with PYGASAURUS on the banter, great chirps all day!! And yes, you KZN peeps must make the Hakahana Enduro #2.

Shout out to Grant (Neil :-p) for the stage briefs and upper stage walk on SP2. Much appreciated Dude, you were spot on with every line.

Roll on Cascades in June!!! Gonna be epic!!

My only gripe with the whole event was the Jozi ouks chatting my babe up at the start of run 2 .... and then calling me Neil. LOL. Pleasure to have made the acquaintance Baltazar.

check you at Hakahana.... Pygasaurus...aka Grant.....aka Neil.

My only gripe with the whole event was the Jozi ouks chatting my babe up at the start of run 2 .... and then calling me Neil. LOL. Pleasure to have made the acquaintance Baltazar.

check you at Hakahana.... Pygasaurus...aka Grant.....aka Neil.

Lol! Would you like some cheese with your whine? Do we need to setup a complaints box for you KZN peeps when you come to Jozi, nothing but moan, moan moan... :P

Some really good pics there!! Can only find 1 of my self though :(

Who was the lady that gave me a heart attack with the camera flash on the DH? I want that pic :D

Archived