[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2015

Robertson Winery MTB

Last I checked, that was a MTB groupset, right? Isn't the whole point to ride it off road?

Then you havent done a lot of riding in mud yet? Go try it......

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last I checked, that was a MTB groupset, right? Isn't the whole point to ride it off road?

Last I checked, an X01 cassette retailed for R3.5k.

Isn't the whole point to not unnecessarily waste money?

If you haven't ridden in properly muddy conditions, you wouldn't know that a single outing in the wet can destroy half the lifespan of a cassette. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you haven't.

my drive train - chain-front blade and cassette replacement was R6k - more than my freakin car service so definitely trying hard to avoid the muddy races. But the rain looks like it'll stay away, yeeha!

Yes, off-road. Not in mud. What's the point? Clearly you have far too much money to waste.

Last I checked, an X01 cassette retailed for R3.5k.

Isn't the whole point to not unnecessarily waste money?

If you haven't ridden in properly muddy conditions, you wouldn't know that a single outing in the wet can destroy half the lifespan of a cassette. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you haven't.

Thanks for the advice guys, I forgot the cost of my XX1 groupset there for a second. Also, I guess the enjoyment of riding outweighs the cost factor for me. I'll be on the start line regardless of the weather this weekend. Each to their own, I guess...

Signed up for the 70 - think my brain switched off for a second there and I think I clicked the wrong distance on the web-entry - oh well.......HKGK

Record time off the bike right before a race, two weeks,..as if the 70km wont be enough suffering already 😣

Archived