2015 Deliveries from Chain Reaction Cycles to Cape

HowardSteele

Hi all,With all pics of scary delivery pileups...Has any one placed and got Delivery to Cape town From CRC..Ireland. I know the last item I  ordered I had to collect at Customs Epping and pay the levy's.

I've ordered from them 3-4 times in the passed and have had delivery range from 3 weeks to 14 weeks

Just pay extra for the DHL/premium option. It is quite a bit more expensive but gets here in a matter or days to your door. It is worth it.

I used to use the post (15+ packages, never had problems). But I only select DHL now, Sometimes it arrives the next day :clap:

Use DHL otherwise you run the risk of the parts getting lost /stolen or sitting at the post office

I survived a ParcelForce/SAPO delivery in Dec/Jan but there was no meaningful tracking info for weeks and the box arrived trashed but with most stuff in it. I'm with the other guys and will not try to save a hundred or three again.

ordered twice in January. The more expensive order still haven't arrived so I filed the parcel-never-arrived form today...

Hi,

Last December I ordered spares from CRC via DHL. After checking that my parcel was sitting in JHG for more than two weeks, " awaiting confirmation" I sent an e mail to MD requsting assistance. The forwarding office never contacted me to inform me of the price of import duties and thus were waiting for me to pay. Parcel took a month from date of purchase to my door. The extra expense was for nothing.

I have ordered twice this year using the regular post option. Both parcels took 3 weeks to get to my local post office where I had to pay the VAT.

If you make sure your parcel weighs enough or costs enough they'll automatically send it via DHL or ParcelForce, either of which works just fine, although DHL tends to use whatever outdated contact information is on their database instead of what you ask them to use. Use the tracking numbers and phone if you haven't heard anything after a week.

Last time I asked CRC, the thresholds were 300 Pounds in value, 60 cm in length, and 2 kg in weight. Anything over any of those thresholds and they would send via ParcelForce or DHL.

They don't tell you this beforehand though, so you've got to do some guess work.  The 2 kg limit is the easiest to exceed.

Getting a delivery today (Tuesday) that I placed on Thursday last week. Ponied up the R242 for a courier and paid my duties yesterday. I'm happy to pay for the convenience and speed.

ordered a set of wheels, just paid the tracking post R265.00 or something , arrived in 8 days

If you make sure your parcel weighs enough or costs enough they'll automatically send it via DHL or ParcelForce, either of which works just fine, although DHL tends to use whatever outdated contact information is on their database instead of what you ask them to use. Use the tracking numbers and phone if you haven't heard anything after a week.

Last time I asked CRC, the thresholds were 300 Pounds in value, 60 cm in length, and 2 kg in weight. Anything over any of those thresholds and they would send via ParcelForce or DHL.

They don't tell you this beforehand though, so you've got to do some guess work.  The 2 kg limit is the easiest to exceed.

Do not use Parcel Force. It is delivered to SAPO locally and you will never see it.

If I order tribars and a stem and pay for the DHL courier do you guys maybe know how long it will take to get delivered and what duties/vat I will pay on these items?

I recieved my order after I claimed for a re-send via DHL. I submitted the claim on a Friday, (27 Mar), recieved duties request on the next Thursday (2 Apr - just before Easter weekend), received package on the Tuesday (7 Apr).

Total duties/vat: 14% on total costs (parts + shipping) + additional R150 "disbursement fee".

Total duties/vat: 14% on total costs (parts + shipping) + additional R150 "disbursement fee"

If i recall from some aggrieved clothing buyers

...... clothing items have a Different rate

Archived