2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

Drugs!!  Doc has given me just enough to get me through  

Tried everything, havent been on a bike in 10 days...  HR up above 120 resting....  but I am booked in for the weekend and gonna make the most of it.  Will see tomorrow nite and decide!!!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS! :cursing:

120 in A batch

200 in B

200 in C

Nick, I guess we gonna be walking with the okes that make us get off

Bud if all goes well Ill have a beer for you at the finish line..

Due to unforeseen circumstances and unreliable colleagues i have to drop from marathon to half marathon so that i can be back earlier  ..I was looking at a 5h30 min time .That means will be finishing after 13h00 

I do 2 events a yr that are seeded, The berg and bush and the crater cruise.. (that is no longer. .) But seeding doesn't bug me at all.. obviously else I would ride more races.[emoji13]

And this yr add a hopefully finishing time for MM.

I dont race anything, my seeding can confirm that. . I just go ride and try survive.

Crater Cruise is still happening its just not on the Advendurance calendar - http://www.cratercruise.co.za/

Tried everything, havent been on a bike in 10 days...  HR up above 120 resting....  but I am booked in for the weekend and gonna make the most of it.  Will see tomorrow nite and decide!!!

Don,t ride if your  resting HRT is that high .I did that last year and abandoned the event .This year i m fatter but heart is strong 

FFS! :cursing:

120 in A batch

200 in B

200 in C

Nick, I guess we gonna be walking with the okes that make us get off

I've mounted a bell and started practising my war-cry: TRACK TRACK GET OUTTA THE WAY!!

I've mounted a bell and started practising my war-cry: TRACK TRACK GET OUTTA THE WAY!!

Is it that bad with walkers.

I'm starting in C. Now have use for that JUMA bell

I doubt it's as bad as I make out. The first climb in Mountain Sanctuary Park is rocky and techy and steep and gets 50%+ walking. If they behave and stay off the track we'll be fine.

Good luck with that ...

These were the nicest bunch if people I have ever shared a trail with.. those pushing, pushed far left in the trail. Thise crawling up the monster (read me) did so on the far left. . I think I had to dismount once on the monster when someone dismounted in front of me.. in general I found the people just amazing. .. and seeing as it is no longer a mass start that first will no longer bottleneck. . Or it won't be so bad.

I just can't wait to get out there now - but so much to do first!

New wheels need to be finished, taped and tyres mounted, Stans poured in. Rotors mounted, cassette installed. Bike washed (still dirty from Sani).

Front brake to be bled, drivetrain to be cleaned and lubed.

Then the early morning wake up and drive to the race....what about breakfast?

Will my toddlers sleep through and allow me to get some quality sleep the night before the race? Not likely....

75km in the Magaliesberg is the least of my worries at the moment :)

Still wondering how stupid it would be to attempt with a broken thumb...

Quite. but hey, no pain no gain.

Archived