Standard Bank Ironman 2016 (10 April)

Garfield2010

I just have to get a bike, lose 20kgs and then Im in. By the way, where can I start looking for a time trial bike?

Troisport have Quintana Roo tri bikes. They are are great bikes at really good prices if you are looking for one new. 

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing  IM South Africa in April & then IM Lanzarote in May. it their 25th Year.

If anyone is keen to do Lanzarote let me know;)

I built my TT bike from ads on the Hub:)

I rode 25mm GP4000 up front in 2014. Fantastic difference because you run at a much lower pressure. Considering 28mm for 2016.

Unfortunately my frame only allows 23mm at the rear.

Where did you get them?  

Where did you get them?  

I bought mine at CWC, not sure about Gauteng but maybe try their online store.

• 2 weeks later...

114 days to Iron Man PE... trust you all training hard and relaxing hard over the Christmas period. :clap:

Gonna be relaxing like a champion. Feeling very pap at the moment. Hoping the break will give me a bit of zipp back.

• 4 weeks later...

today in 3 months I will be sore and happy.

I hope I will be happy too...90 days to go...its a reality now. 10 weeks of serious training left

Had a good start to the season and everyting was on course for IM. Had a good Rockman and then the Monday, I fell off the stepladder at home (sounds like a senior citizen injury). Had 2 surgeries on my hand and that means the end of IM 2016 for me. Seriously Pissed off.

But for the rest of you guys, have fun training and good luck for the last 10 weeks.

any ideas as to whether the entries have been sold out this year?

Not yet, Ironman normally advertise when there are 100 or so slots left. I have not seen that yet. Seems entries are going fairly slowly even with route change.

Had a good start to the season and everyting was on course for IM. Had a good Rockman and then the Monday, I fell off the stepladder at home (sounds like a senior citizen injury). Had 2 surgeries on my hand and that means the end of IM 2016 for me. Seriously Pissed off.

But for the rest of you guys, have fun training and good luck for the last 10 weeks.

Just pure bad luck and something that happen to any of us. Heal up and come back in 2017....

I would be pissed off to though, its loads of time and effort to train and then not be able to make it... but I guess it makes you stronger and better and healthier.

Very much doubt IMSA will sell out. Did not last year either. Durban provides an alternative for a lot of people.

Archived