Happy Easter!!What are your Easter weekend riding plans?

L.T.G

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to see if I can get the gf back on a bike. About 5 years ago she fell off her bike and injured her right hand quite badly.. went to Giba last Sunday to see if she was ready to ride again, and she wasn't.. Although she's keen to get back on the saddle. Think we'll just ride around the complex for starters and see how it goes.

Does anyone know for sure if Modderfontien is open on Friday? 

Modderfontein is open on public holidays (virtually 365 days a year). 

Chill day Friday

Modderfontein Saturday

Spruit Sunday (Chili Lane to Emmarentia and back)

Possibly a casual ride around the Kyalami equestrian area Monday... Or another chill day.

Guest notmyname

The only section that gives me the buttclenches there is that last berm on the Blue before the looonnnggg fast downhill. the exit is off camber witht he marbles...

But that berm after that downhill before the little stream is sweeeet!!

so mutch of nice.. i'm already excited.

That's the one made from clay if I'm not mistaken. Rail berm, cross Stream and hit punchy climb. Love that blue trail. Just wish it was stretched out over a larger area or.... trees, Loads of trees. That first floating bridge is a bit sketchy. Last time I was there my buddy demonstrated how well an Anthem X 29er Floats.

Road Ride in the cradle on Friday, then away for the weekend with the family, and then a MTB ride at Rosemary Hill on Monday

Just got a half day nod from the boss, so I'm off to make hay while the sun shines, then tomorrow it's off to church to remember the cross, then perhaps more riding. Saturday hopefully a full lap of Tygerberg MTB. Sunday we celebrate Christ's resurrection and then lunch with the family before finally having a long slow distance on Monday with not too much in the way of hills etc.

Just got a half day nod from the boss, so I'm off to make hay while the sun shines, then tomorrow it's off to church to remember the cross, then perhaps more riding. Saturday hopefully a full lap of Tygerberg MTB. Sunday we celebrate Christ's resurrection and then lunch with the family before finally having a long slow distance on Monday with not too much in the way of hills etc.

Run before he changes his mind! :ph34r:

Do they allow bicycles on the M7?

I thought it was a no-go after a number of accidents a few years back.

M7 is indeed a no-go for cyclist due to amount of trucks and blind corners where motorist at speed cannot see cyclists up ahead. From South Coast Road we head up Sarnia Road which is adjacent to the M7. Some steady climbing into Pinetown. The 11km desent at 70 plus down the M19 makes up for the effort. What's more, we've had some gorgeous weather for the past two weeks with absolutely no wind what so ever early on. Feeling blessed, euphoric and privileged at the same time. Many cyclist target this race for PB's and most get it right. 

I tend to work on public holidays and take another day off instead. Will try and squeeze in a couple of rides still - rhebokskloof should be open one day at least right?

ride safe dudes, zombie jesus will be back for your brains!

I'll be in Mc Gregor from this evening until Monday.  If any hubbers want to ride there send me a PM!

Heading up to Sabie. Gonna try and hit Mankele and waterval boven trails. :D

You've just pressed my green button! :mellow:

Mankele's awesome, that's just a given, but I rode at Tranquilitas for the first time last year, what AMAZING routes!

Enjoy!! :thumbup:

Archived