Another 26er SS Build

Tractor

It's been a while since I posted the last build thread so here's another one that I did recently.  The name of the game was "recycle" and "budget" - I literally wanted to complete the build out of what I had lying around without buying anything new.

I had another RM5 frame so that was chosen along with a Fire Eye rigid fork which I had already stripped of it's paint a while back so that was going to be used as well.

post-49804-0-86206400-1428062440_thumb.jpg

post-49804-0-61389700-1428062475_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1 : Strip the paint from the frame (again BUT this time I wasn't planning to polish it, I wanted a raw aluminium frame).  At the same time the fork was sent off to Annette at Cycle Delic to be sprayed Candy Apple Green.

post-49804-0-99566500-1428062983_thumb.jpg

After getting the fork back it was time for a checklist to see what I still needed to complete the build - amazingly the only new thing I ended up buying was a set of ESI foam grips. 

It didn't take long to get everything assembled and before long I was out cruising on the "new" build.  Just shows you that you don't have to break the bank to do something different and still end up with a bike that's unique and fun to ride.

post-49804-0-61557900-1428063262_thumb.jpg

post-49804-0-88567300-1428063291_thumb.jpg

post-49804-0-36260600-1428063320_thumb.jpg

I also used an old deore lx crank on my ss build, nice and retro.

I must say the polished aluminium on your second bike is very bling, how did you do it?

I must say the polished aluminium on your second bike is very bling, how did you do it?

Obviously strip the paint and then polish, polish, polish - long hours and very dirty work.  There's a thread on the entire build somewhere on the forum

Guest notmyname

I keep coming back to have a gawk. Sick ride Tractor.

I keep coming back to have a gawk. Sick ride Tractor.

Thanks Soapbox - unfortunately I've now run out of old 26er frames :(

Guest notmyname

Thanks Soapbox - unfortunately I've now run out of old 26er frames :(

Lol.

Nicest Ralley's I have seen in a long time. Great work. What did you use to strip the frames? Removall?