Silverback?

Danielvdm

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if im wrong in saying that Silverback uses "space" names to name their different models?? Strada, Mercury, Sola. But where does the name Silverback come from....the Gorilla??

Correct me if im wrong in saying that Silverback uses "space" names to name their different models?? Strada, Mercury, Sola. But where does the name Silverback come from....the Gorilla??

all the bike names now start with an 'S'. Mercury is discontinued, another funny legacy one they had was the Nabraska.

of course they are designed just down the road from me in cape town's airport industria, even if it does have a german flag on the frame.

yes.....named after the Silverback Gorilla. That is why their logo is a gorilla.

all the bike names now start with an 'S'. Mercury is discontinued, another funny legacy one they had was the Nabraska.

The earlier models were named after American states and Cities. You had the Nebraska, Arizona, Kansas Detroit to name a few.

Edited by Eugene

Awesome bike. Currently riding a Slade 1 (27.5) & building Project Bike, Silverback 29er

Good value for money & nice geometry too

Cant go wrong with this brand

Awesome bikes. I have the 2012 Space 1 with Ultegra Di2. I think I paid just over R25k for it back then. I've also done 2 Epics on my Storm 1. They replaced my frame which had a hairline crack at the end of last year no questions asked.

The earlier models were named after American states and Cities. You had the Nebraska, Arizona, Kansas Detroit to name a few.

yebo...the point i was making was that Nabraska was spelt wrong :-)

GF has had one for the last 4 years or so. I think it is a "alpine'

Such a solid bike and at the time nothing came close ITO spec.

• 3 weeks later...

I own the a silverback storm 1 and love it. Looking to get the new Sirelli 2 but just wanted to know if anyone has ridden it or the scalera model?

Would also like to know about the scalera models. I have been looking at them and component wise they have properly kitted. The wheels looks like decent midrange fulcrum, and at abt 30k it looks like good bang for buck like almost every other silverback out there.