Pyga Oneten29

Rogernic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will also be putting a 140 Revelation on my Pyga build that I will be starting soon. I see recommended is 130 but 140 seems to be very popular. Would love a Pike though

Don't delay....get the Pyga!! Build your own I would say.

As others have said, read the other Pyga thread. Got the 140 Rev on mine and im sooooopa happy.

I've put mind through all sorts over the last 6 or 7 weeks and am happy as larry!!

Hi Guy's.

Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead as planed then. I'm reassured there's no issue with the Pike from a build point of view

Pegasaurus?  Just worries me that you wouldn't do a stage race on your Pyga, does it really make that much of a weight difference with the Pike climbing? I'm at the back of the field anyway on my GT....don't want a second bike for marathons.....brings up a possibility..If  its an issue climbing is it worth changing forks for the odd marathon?????

All the best.

Roger.

oh side note....Rogernic.... I too am a hefty lump at 105kgs.

Hi Guy's.

Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead as planed then. I'm reassured there's no issue with the Pike from a build point of view

Pegasaurus?  Just worries me that you wouldn't do a stage race on your Pyga, does it really make that much of a weight difference with the Pike climbing? I'm at the back of the field anyway on my GT....don't want a second bike for marathons.....brings up a possibility..If  its an issue climbing is it worth changing forks for the odd marathon?????

All the best.

Roger.

Up to what size fork does the Oneten frame carry a guarantee

EG my SC frame only carry's a guarantee up to 120mm

140mm

Hi Guy's.

All the best.

Roger.

No - Pike is relatively lightweight. Only 80g or so heavier than the revelation, and IMO a 110 with a 140mm pike would be absolutely fine for marathons & stage races Yes, you'd have additional weight depending on your build when comparing to a XC hardtail, but again it comes down to your build kit. 

Pyga 110 is a great bike, I have a 120mm Maverick in the front and works fine and it is a really fun bike overall, highly recommended!

post-46510-0-41930400-1403179824_thumb.jpg

No - Pike is relatively lightweight. I think only 200g or so heavier than the revelation, and IMO a 110 with a 140mm pike would be absolutely fine for marathons & stage races Yes, you'd have additional weight depending on your build when comparing to a XC hardtail, but again it comes down to your build kit. 

Pike RCT3 is a massive 80g heavier than the Rev RCT3

Pike RCT3 is a massive 80g heavier than the Rev RCT3

shot, edited. Didn't have time to google... Plus my mind is gone. Too much spreadsheet analysis for one day (deep analysis of investments and life policies) 

IMO a 110 with a 140mm pike would be absolutely fine for marathons & stage races Yes, you'd have additional weight depending on your build when comparing to a XC hardtail, but again it comes down to your build kit. 

It would, but if running it in trail mode or pumped hard. My OneTen runs a 120mm Revelation RCT3 and is a very capable marathon machine when necessary, but with a 140mm Pike on you'd have to tone the plushness down a bit to prevent too much bob. The Pike's compression damping is excellent, but I find on my GF's bike that it's still almost too much for general marathon riding if not firmed up.

In terms of build weight and suitability for marathons: Roger, you have nothing to worry about. My bike built with the Rev RCT3, Reverb, Novatec Flowtrail wheels running 2.35 Hans Dampfs, Spank Oozy Cockpit, XX1 cranks and X9 short-cage with X0 shifter comes in at around 12.7kgs. At your weight you can run this as a marathon bike without even noticing any penalty compared to something like an Anthem Advanced.

Oh, if you're interested, a little birdie has told me that the above machine may be for sale in the next two months or so...

It would, but if running it in trail mode or pumped hard. My OneTen runs a 120mm Revelation RCT3 and is a very capable marathon machine when necessary, but with a 140mm Pike on you'd have to tone the plushness down a bit to prevent too much bob. The Pike's compression damping is excellent, but I find on my GF's bike that it's still almost too much for general marathon riding if not firmed up.

In terms of build weight and suitability for marathons: Roger, you have nothing to worry about. My bike built with the Rev RCT3, Reverb, Novatec Flowtrail wheels running 2.35 Hans Dampfs, Spank Oozy Cockpit, XX1 cranks and X9 short-cage with X0 shifter comes in at around 12.7kgs. At your weight you can run this as a marathon bike without even noticing any penalty compared to something like an Anthem Advanced.

Oh, if you're interested, a little birdie has told me that the above machine may be for sale in the next two months or so...

and what may you be getting as a replacement?

Pyga 110 is a great bike, I have a 120mm Maverick in the front and works fine and it is a really fun bike overall, highly recommended!

Is that a righty??

Archived