(Event) Piket-Bo-Berg 2015

Ironfist

Hi Rickus. Are these trails open at other times or only for the race?

Sorry the trails are only open for the race. We are still busy trying to establish the right business model for our trails...

Didn't think the trails could get better than last year, but it looks like they will be! :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

We finished the new single track called the Canyon on Friday night. 

Here are some pics from the completed trail. Probably one of our more ambitious projects to date! 

5 bridges and 4 berms through a forest and (you guessed it) a canyon...

Early saturday morning we had the team from Full Sus Magazine riding our trails and having some serious mtb fun!

post-49578-0-30108400-1433915559_thumb.jpg

post-49578-0-07526900-1433915561_thumb.jpg

post-49578-0-10118100-1433915562_thumb.jpg

post-49578-0-82555700-1433915563_thumb.jpg

I hope you guys leave the tricky bits across the rocks with the technical stuff as it was last year - was a treat to do a route like this with some slightly challenging bits.

Find a lot of races lately where the route has been "smoothed out" and warning signs galore for any loose pebbles etc.

Wow this looks amazing. Serious toss up between this and the Cederberg 100 miler on the same day.

should be a easy decision, just apply same logic as you did for amarider 100miler ????????

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you guys leave the tricky bits across the rocks with the technical stuff as it was last year - was a treat to do a route like this with some slightly challenging bits.

Find a lot of races lately where the route has been "smoothed out" and warning signs galore for any loose pebbles etc

No the route is unchanged from last year. We have added berms to the older sections to make life a bit more fun...you wont believe how much everyone's opinion differs on if our race requires technical skill or just proper mtb fitness...

No the route is unchanged from last year. We have added berms to the older sections to make life a bit more fun...you wont believe how much everyone's opinion differs on if our race requires technical skill or just proper mtb fitness...

is all of the actual route open to the public all year round?

is all of the actual route open to the public all year round?

No, the race is the only time of the year the tracks are open...

Archived