breaker

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Revive: 

Do these 2 or 3 bike Thule bike racks (euroway/velocompact) actually hold the amount of bikes they say?

I know with the hang on ones that generally it is what they say minus one unless stuff is getting damaged.

Especially with the bigger modern bikes.

Just now, Brawler said:

Revive: 

Do these 2 or 3 bike Thule bike racks (euroway/velocompact) actually hold the amount of bikes they say?

I know with the hang on ones that generally it is what they say minus one unless stuff is getting damaged.

NO !

Possibly road bikes.

MTB is just to wide.  You even get frames touching when dealing with super boost setups.  

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

NO !

Possibly road bikes.

MTB is just to wide.  You even get frames touching when dealing with super boost setups.  

Thanks. Guess I need to upsize then.

30 minutes ago, Brawler said:

Revive: 

I have a Velocompact 2 bike and no problems with boost spacing MTBs. 

All you need is a small piece of rubber between the fork and rear triangle. The frames do touch but no damage with the spacer in place. 

https://www.chamberlains.co.za/quick-fist-mini-rubber-clamps-16-35mm-2-pack-30050-1084348?gclid=CjwKCAjw5dqgBhBNEiwA7PryaKFKhHzTcZUDw4sqNdkWZMSvzVWZ0fPC-ieql6TsRCT2NqnWh5RtXxoCyqcQAvD_BwE

That has become a permanent fixture on all our bikes. Zero marking frames and forks. 

Edited by Steady Spin

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

I have a Velocompact 2 bike and no problems with boost spacing MTBs. 

All you need is a small piece of rubber between the fork and rear triangle. The frames do touch but no damage with the spacer in place. 

https://www.chamberlains.co.za/quick-fist-mini-rubber-clamps-16-35mm-2-pack-30050-1084348?gclid=CjwKCAjw5dqgBhBNEiwA7PryaKFKhHzTcZUDw4sqNdkWZMSvzVWZ0fPC-ieql6TsRCT2NqnWh5RtXxoCyqcQAvD_BwE

That has become a permanent fixture on all our bikes. Zero marking frames and forks. 

New Scott and a Giant simply does NOT fit together.  Have to use 1 and 3