VanGaalens 'Vulture Route'

Terence Hope

Depends on when, I will still have to beg to get pass

Are we first going to the shebeen and then back and to the top?  :nuke:

cheese and rice...all the way to breedts and then vulture after that....tell you what we will send chucky to go get us three zamalek scuds and meet him at the top 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best there be a beer stop somewhere on route  :thumbup:

cheese and rice...all the way to breedts and then vulture after that....tell you what we will send chucky to go get us three zamalek scuds and meet him at the top 

Ill go get but dont complain that when I get back to you, all you have are empties

Dont forget to bring your camera!

Ill go get but dont complain that when I get back to you, all you have are empties

jou gat...order 6 then....take a ballsak with to carry...there are no problems only solutions chuks

Kraggie asked me the following

"So you think we can ride it without permission?Yes

Just like normal riding there (just remember this is NOT normal riding) or does it require special permission ..." I think the best would be just to let Erik know you're going or if he's not around around, tell the guys at the new bike shop, where you have to pay now, to pass on the message.

Also, for those contemplating gong this Saturday, you couldn't choose a better day.

There'll be support and traffic, the Crazy Store trail run goes long that route on Saturday.

Just like normal riding there (just remember this is NOT normal riding) or does it require special permission ..." I think the best would be just to let Erik know you're going or if he's not around around, tell the guys at the new bike shop, where you have to pay now, to pass on the message.

Also, for those contemplating gong this Saturday, you couldn't choose a better day.

There'll be support and traffic, the Crazy Store trail run goes long that route on Saturday.

did you upload to strava by any chance mnr...sommer gooi the link here

You riding your bike again...???? :P

Look on page 1, i put Mr Treads Strava ride there.

What he said... Sean's is on page one, that's what Chukky converted for me.

I don't really use Strava :whistling: ... can I say that on here :huh: ?

(those images were from my mate's)

Cool thanks for the info, will do that if we go for the vulture route next time.

I tried converting the Strava page to a GPX, but it seems it's not possible anymore, unless you have an Premium Strava. In the past I could do this with my normal account and some 3rd party tools, but sounds like it's not working anymore.

You riding your bike again...???? :P

Look on page 1, i put Mr Treads Strava ride there.

sharap....have always, just skipped uploading to strava.

you mos a premium member, pls download the gpx and email to me, asseblief

sharap....have always, just skipped uploading to strava.

you mos a premium member, pls download the gpx and email to me, asseblief

Will do later when I'm home.

fanks...

I can do it now and convert it, let me try

bastards have got web filters on these work computers, cant access Strava

Singlespeed?

:blink: RnR.. on this route you'll pray for every mm of travel and every gear you can get!

If you've got a dropper, even if for just this ride... it'll be worth every cent!

OH... and good walking shoes, the softer that sole the easier it'll be... some of the portaging is nuts.

Archived