which PYGA

anthemic

Hi guys

I am desperately trying to decide between the Oneten 29er and Onetwenty 650b. I have been riding 27.5 for 3 years now as I could never find a 29er I liked.....that was until I tried the Oneten!!

I can't get to demo the Onetwenty in the right size ( only a small not a medium) so I can't do a direct head to head, but I've heard they are supposed to have the same geo adjusted for wheel size.

Do I go with the size I know or take a punt on the 29er? I ride mostly medium techie Single track, root mucky European stuff, but each year I treat myself to a few marathon events and the odd stage race.

Anyone ridden both bikes can give some feedback. I am 1.76, not in shape ( unless you count round), and slowly getting back to fitness.

I have searched the forum, and can find comments on each bike, but none that have ridden both and made a choice.

Thanks

Suggest that you get hold of SJ at revolution cycles in Cape Town. He owns one of each and can sell them to you as well.

Both are incredible bikes. Currently ride a OneTwenty, and the only reason I'd go for a OneTen29 is because of the sizing extending to XL unlike the 650 only going to L (I'm on the border of L/XL).

The OneTwenty is my do-it-all bike: I was expecting a very capable, mid-travel bomber of a bike which is intended to direct bugs into your teeth due to the smile on your face while descending. However, what I was not expecting is the climbing and pedalling efficiency these frames have. Climbing is just more fun now because you know what awaits you after you reach the summit.

Verdict: Get either of the 2. They perform the same function, just directed at different personal bike preference. 

And maybe consider a large? Not 100% sure but I'm 1.86 and am on the end spectrum of L.

Suggest that you get hold of SJ at revolution cycles in Cape Town. He owns one of each and can sell them to you as well.

Bit of a trek from Dublin, Ireland, but if he can afford it maybe he should just buy both bikes. I have a 110 and love it but then I am 1.87m.

Bit of a trek from Dublin, Ireland, but if he can afford it maybe he should just buy both bikes. I have a 110 and love it but then I am 1.87m.

What size Oneten do you ride by the way?

Large

mmm, okay.

We're the same height. On the edge of L.

how do you find it?

I'm on a Large as well.

Did a skills clinic yesterday and it was suggested that I look at a XL

mmm, okay.

how do you find it?

I'm on a Large as well.

I'd second that suggestion... 

I'd second that suggestion... 

NOOO!!! This bike was supposed to be my last MTB (for a while anyway! :whistling: )

Goes to check classifieds...

Edited by cadenceblur

Both are incredible bikes. Currently ride a OneTwenty, and the only reason I'd go for a OneTen29 is because of the sizing extending to XL unlike the 650 only going to L (I'm on the border of L/XL).

The OneTwenty is my do-it-all bike: I was expecting a very capable, mid-travel bomber of a bike which is intended to direct bugs into your teeth due to the smile on your face while descending. However, what I was not expecting is the climbing and pedalling efficiency these frames have. Climbing is just more fun now because you know what awaits you after you reach the summit.

Verdict: Get either of the 2. They perform the same function, just directed at different personal bike preference. 

And maybe consider a large? Not 100% sure but I'm 1.86 and am on the end spectrum of L.

In terms of sizing, I'd recommend a Medium at 1.76m.

I'm 1.76 and have a Medium 110. Fits me perfectly, but I like my bikes a little on the small side as they're easier to throw around the rough stuff.

I rode the 140mm Pascoe all weekend and will be testing out the 110 but probably only in a couple of weeks. will keep you guys posted.

The 140mm Pascoe is an awesome bike, it looks amazing and from the moment i pointed it down, it ripped and carved everything with confidence. I definitely did not push it to its extreme (due to lack of riding prowess and as it was a demo from SJ i did not want to bring his bike back damaged) but if you keen for chilled climbing with mates and bombing down as speed this bike is brilliantly engineered for that. I am 187 and found the Large frame to be ok size wize, I currently ride a large 29" stump jumper FSR and and find the sizing on that to be spot on. 

Will give feedback once i have had a go on the 110.

Thanks for all the responses guys, much appreciated. I have the Oneten for another day or two to try. Tried the large, but felt too big, the medium is perfect size wise for me, just gotta get my head around the wheel size...arghhh....

Would love another excuse to head to Cape Town, but it might have to wait for another W2W event!

mmm, okay.

how do you find it?

I'm on a Large as well.

Can I ask, why? I was always told it was better to ride the smaller frame if you are on the edge between two sizes. Have never had any issues and have had a proper bike fit done with no concerns raised.