Review: Saris Thelma 3 bike carrier

Matt

My Thelma 3 does not sit snug on the ball of the towbar, sort-of moves down a bit once on. 

It is a new towbar so not worn or something.

Does anyone have the same problem or is there something one can do to tighten it, I had a Buzzrack which had a knob one could turn to tighten the fit but do not see anything similar on the Thelma.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Thelma 3 does not sit snug on the ball of the towbar, sort-of moves down a bit once on. 

Does anyone have the same problem or is there something one can do to tighten it, I had a Buzzrack which had a knob one could turn to tighten the fit but do not see anything similar on the Thelma.

Have a look at the manual found below and point # 7 on how to tighten the Saris Thelma 3's tension when clamped onto the towball.

If you need any further assistance please give us a call - 011-023-2777

https://www.saris.com/uploads/PDF/Manuals/Thelma_Euro/Euro-Thelma.pdf 

Thank you but I'm getting a 404 error on the link.

Did not have a manual in the packaging when I bought the rack...

That is strange....

Let us try going to the Saris.com web page as per below. Then if you don't mind scroll down to product support then select the product manual.

https://www.saris.com/product/eu-thelma-3 

I see this also does not work. Please can you drop us a PM with your e-mail and i will e-mail you the usual manual. 

Clearly seems that the internet is not on our side. 

Edited by BicyclePower

That is strange....

Let us try going to the Saris.com web page as per below. Then if you don't mind scroll down to product support then select the product manual.

https://www.saris.com/product/eu-thelma-3 

I see this also does not work. Please can you drop us a PM with your e-mail and i will e-mail you the usual manual. 

Clearly seems that the internet is not on our side. 

Yip. I suggest that you also change the video shown on your website for the Saris Thelma as this video seems to be for the Saris Thelma but the racks you distribute is the Saris EURO Thelma which have a different mechanism and is a bit misleading.

When following the links for the manual download it is the American version that downloads.

Thanks for the effort, I've found the correct manual download.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, rack moves when traveling over speed bumps or rough terrain.

Please email manual: tristan.perfett@icloud.com

Thanks