Garmin Edge 810 or Suunto Ambit 3 peak

thetrix

Hey Guys 

I want some opinions please, I am a cyclist only no other sport, and I am looking to buy either a Suunto ambit 3 peak or a Garmin 810 which ones is best bearing in mind I only cycle. 

Thanks in advance, 

Garmin is a tried-and-tested brand with solid after-sales service which is an important criteria for me.

If you would only do cycling, why would you even consider the Ambit? The Garmin hands-down wins the battle when it comes to cycling-specific features.

You will, in the infinite archive of Hub history, find that these kinda questions will always leave you at a 50/50 or 150/150 or 300/300 split, i.e. where you started when asking the question. My advice, read ONE proper Reviewer's review, and decide from there what you like hearing, if you'd make a mistake in the purchase, it would be from the acceptable 50% of your own decision, and not the buyers remorse of someone else's :)

BTW, Rainmaker is a pretty good place to tap into

Garmin all the way for cycling , suunto for multi sports. I have a 510 but running and swimming now so thinking of selling and getting peak 3. Nice option with peak is that you can use it as everyday watch and for basically any other sport you get into. Nice option with Garmin its big & has a couple of screens and great tools to monitor training .........

You seem to get more bang for your buck with suunto at least you can wear it everyday and have the option of other sports

I've got the Ambit 3. I love it but I use it for cycling, running and Crossfit. For pure cycling, Garmin IMO is your best option.

I have an ambit 2 and a Garmin 800.

I use both. However the Suunto has better back end software and analysis of your ride plus an ecosystem of apps you can load, depending on your goals.

The Garmin is really more cycling focused and the Suunto more fitness focused. I reckon the Suunto is a much more powerful analytical tool if you are in to that level of detail.

If it's just cycling, then Garmin.

I know Garmin backup in country is very good as well.