Big city life?

Van the man

Hi guys.

I'm from Hermanus, but will be in Claremont for the next few weeks. Don't know the area at all. Would like to get on the bike and keep up the fitness. Where can I go ride (mtb)? Where does the trails start? If you are in the area and looking for a partner please let me know.

I'm available every day.

Thanks

You could always do the cape epic Prologue route 

http://www.supersport.com/cycling/sa-cycling/2015-CAPE-EPIC-ROUTE-MAPS

Alternatively there is a group that cycle Table Mountain on Wednesday mornings and Thursday evenings. 

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/102368-wednesday-morning-table-mountain-ride/page-38?hl=%2Btable+%2Bmountain+%2Bwednesday&do=findComment&comment=2545623

Edited by Jakkels

Hi guys.

I'm from Hermanus, but will be in Claremont for the next few weeks. Don't know the area at all. Would like to get on the bike and keep up the fitness. Where can I go ride (mtb)? Where does the trails start? If you are in the area and looking for a partner please let me know.

I'm available every day.

Thanks

HI just make your way up to Rhodes memorial...you can park there in the parking...and either push up to the jeeptrack from one of the 3 paths that climb up from the parking.

Or you canbike/ride down to the boom you passed along the way about 500m back and ride from there the route is marked.

Good suggestions so far. You can easily ride to Rhodes Memorial from Claremont, I do so regularly and safely, it's only about 5km or so.

Yes, agreed. Easy enough to ride from anywhere in Claremont to Rhodes memorial and from there to anywhere on the front of the mountain. 

Rhodes Drive to Hout Bay, in the mornings.

Hi. Do you go every morning? Let me know would like to join.

Where can I obtain one?

Since the fires and the closure of Tokai I'm not sure, please email Saskia Marlowe at SANParks for info.

Saskia.marlowe@sanparks.org

Where can I obtain one?

Since the fires and the closure of Tokai I'm not sure, please email Saskia Marlowe at SANParks for info.

Saskia.marlowe@sanparks.org

Apparently there's a SANParks office by Jubilee square in Simon's Town but double check with Saskia as Marko35s suggested.

Cool thanks guys. So after almost a week of the bike I decided to go for a ride like you guys said. After surviving the traffic and crazy taxi drivers in main street. I mad it to Rhodes Memorial. Found a bunch of guys smoking something about 2kms in and decided it does not look that safe (to cycle the route by myself) cycled the Rhodes Hill a few times for the HR and head home. Snaking the taxis. What a stressful ride. Had a beer. Now to calm my nerves. Was I just a "moffie"? Is it safe to ride from Claremont to Rhodes Memorial and do the trail by yourself.... (remember I don't know the area at all)

1) Where exactly in Claremont are you riding from? Main Road is unpleasant, there is a nice easy shortcut through Newlands and along the bike path next to the M3 which I've indicated on the map which is much more cycle-friendly.

2) Because the area around Rhodes Mem is public space without access control, it's not a controlled "perfectly safe" environment. Many people ride there regularly though, without issue. Just be vigilant.

post-3655-0-95853700-1430922833_thumb.jpg