Garmin Fenix2 vs Suunto Ambit 3

PrinceVlad

Hi Guys

I want to buy a Fenix2, but the internet is full of negative reports relating to freezing issues and bad gps accuracy.

Has anyone ever experienced one of these issues?

I had a Ambit2 and I liked it, so if there are severe issues with the Fenix2 I would rather go with the Ambit.

What do you think?

Thanks

I have the F2, no software issues at all. My only downside to it is the fact that you can't use live tracking and other ANT+ devices(HRM, Cadance Sensor) at the same time, and the fact that you can only have one bike saved at a time so if you alternate between Road and Mtb you will have to rescan each time you swap.

Other than these two issues i love my device. Never owned a Sunnto before so can't compare there.

Hi Guys

I want to buy a Fenix2, but the internet is full of negative reports relating to freezing issues and bad gps accuracy.

Has anyone ever experienced one of these issues?

I had a Ambit2 and I liked it, so if there are severe issues with the Fenix2 I would rather go with the Ambit.

What do you think?

Thanks

As ScottC-M above...own a second hand unit...it updates firmware every so often, so no freezing, accuracy is spot on, no issues with HRM, battery lasts an entire week of running (app 50Km)...syncs with my Samsung S4 through Garmin Connect and auto-loads to Strava or whatever you use.

If you can get one in R3500 or less range, you have decent piece of kit that can be used, for running, cycling, swimming, hiking, canoeing etc etc.

This is a very difficult choice to make and there will be no better-watch-than-the-other.

That said, I came here for team Suunto. I liked the display more (readability, layout, refresh rate or "frame rate", "invert-able").

The Fenix looks better though.

hqdefault.jpg

But if you feel like Lil' Wayne here, definitely the Fenix 3

Had my F2 for over a year and not one single issue.

Just got my F3 Sapphire yesterday  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Had my F2 for over a year and not one single issue.

Just got my F3 Sapphire yesterday  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

You feel like donating your F2? My 310xt gave up the ghost a few months back and I haven't got a replacement yet... 

:blush:  :whistling:  :rolleyes:

Edited by El Capitan

Typical, I considered the Fenix2 and the Suunto Ambit3 and bought the 920xt!

Congrats, 920XT is also a lekker unit. What color did you settle on?