The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

It appears the teams with lots of white jersey contenders came out well. Hoping Quintana will help me out there soon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me what I have done wrong here.. lol

I do not see my name anywhere on the leaderboard??

Or was my pics that bad that I do not even show.. Am I worse than last? hahaha :oops:

Please tell me what I have done wrong here.. lol

I do not see my name anywhere on the leaderboard??

Or was my pics that bad that I do not even show.. Am I worse than last? hahaha :oops:

Look in the results under Positions 501 - 600

There was a problem with the formula that calculated the GC and WHITE points, hence the delay last night with the scores. Sorry about that - but it's fixed and working correctly.

I'm sure many aren't interested in how it is calculated, but I do need to advise everyone that the formula has been corrected and working correctly:

• Points are awarded based on the rider's overall time relative to the leader of the race (YELLOW and WHITE). The leader will always have a result of 100%.
  • The rest of the peloton will always be a % of time behind the leader. As the Tour progresses, the time gaps open up, but the overall % should never be more than 10% otherwise they will be removed from the Tour (time limit on each stage).
  • The formula stated in the rules returns a NEGATIVE value. In 2014, the difference between 1st and last (164th) was 5 hours, 43 minutes and 10 seconds. That equates to 6.69% slower that the Tour winner.
  • So, the correct formula is
    • GC = 1 + ( 1 - (Rider Time / GC Leader Time ) ) * 0.1 * {No. Riders}
    • WHITE = 1 + ( 1 - (Rider Time / GC Leader Time ) ) * 0.7 * {No. Riders}
  • So, with 198 riders finishing yesterday:
    • Rohan Dennis scores 19.8 points for GC and last place scores 15.0268
  • 32 riders in the WHITE Jersey comp:
    • Rohan Dennis scores 22.4 points for WHITE and last place scores 19.05.

Hope this helps - if you're interested.

STAGE 02

How will you be scoring points today?

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_victoire_etape.png

Stage finish

0.5 points per rider if your chosen riders cross the finish line and are classified as a finisher. Today is a FLAT stage, with a rating 1/6 (easiest type).

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_jaune.png

GC Classification

Assuming all 198 riders finish the stage, 19.8 points to the GC leader in yellow. Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time. The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime           Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime       Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                   number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAYellow            0.1

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_blanc.png

Young Rider Classification

There are 32 young riders, and assuming all finish the stage, 22.4 points to the rider in the white jersey. Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time.

The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime           Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime       Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                   number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAWhite            0.7

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_vert.png

Sprinter’s Classification

One intermediate sprint, with points:

10.0 – 8.5 – 7.5 – 6.5 – 5.5 – 5.0 – 4.5 – 4.0 – 3.5 – 3.0 – 2.5 – 2.0 –1.5 – 1.0 – 0.5

At the finish line, the first 15 finishers score points, with points as follows:

25 – 15 – 10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3.5 – 3 – 2.5 – 2 – 1.5 – 1

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_a_pois.png

KOM Classification

No points on offer today.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_combativite-antargaz.png

Most Aggressive

Due to the 1/6 rating for today’s stage, the Most Aggressive rider will score 50 points.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_equipes-ragt.png

Team Classification

Points are awarded to the top 4 teams at the end of the stage. Points available are as follows:

7 – 4 – 2 – 1        

Bonus Points

1 point is awarded if one or more of your riders is wearing one of the category jerseys, i.e. Yellow, White or Green, as well as the Best Team. If a rider wins more than one jersey, the less important jersey is worn by the next rider on the standing (this rider does not qualify to score points).

Breakaway

10 points per rider in the break.

50 points for every rider in the break that finishes ahead of the peloton.

Daily Prize

The person that scores the most points today will be in line to win the daily prize.

What is the best way of seeing your own points?

I'm working on it... trying to get a killer spreadsheet done with a lookup function for your team.

Hi Gerald, how do I review my entry s as well as what others have chosen? Thanks , keep up the great work.

Hi Gerald, how do I review my entry s as well as what others have chosen? Thanks , keep up the great work.

Hi tikki, you can view all the teams here:

Just click on the team name to see the selections. 

To quickly review your team click on the button at the top right of the same page.

There was a problem with the formula that calculated the GC and WHITE points, hence the delay last night with the scores. Sorry about that - but it's fixed and working correctly.

I'm sure many aren't interested in how it is calculated, but I do need to advise everyone that the formula has been corrected and working correctly:

• Points are awarded based on the rider's overall time relative to the leader of the race (YELLOW and WHITE). The leader will always have a result of 100%.
  • The rest of the peloton will always be a % of time behind the leader. As the Tour progresses, the time gaps open up, but the overall % should never be more than 10% otherwise they will be removed from the Tour (time limit on each stage).
  • The formula stated in the rules returns a NEGATIVE value. In 2014, the difference between 1st and last (164th) was 5 hours, 43 minutes and 10 seconds. That equates to 6.69% slower that the Tour winner.
  • So, the correct formula is
    • GC = 1 + ( 1 - (Rider Time / GC Leader Time ) ) * 0.1 * {No. Riders}
    • WHITE = 1 + ( 1 - (Rider Time / GC Leader Time ) ) * 0.7 * {No. Riders}
  • So, with 198 riders finishing yesterday:
    • Rohan Dennis scores 19.8 points for GC and last place scores 15.0268
  • 32 riders in the WHITE Jersey comp:
    • Rohan Dennis scores 22.4 points for WHITE and last place scores 19.05.

Hope this helps - if you're interested.

Hi Gerald,

Your fantasy game was great fun last year and I'm sure it will be again this year  :thumbup:

Just a quick query (and I am DEFINITELY not ungrateful for all the amazing work you have put into the competition again) but would it not be fairer to stick to the formulae that were specified beforehand for everyone selecting their teams? This new system significantly changes the scoring and if it was announced before, different teams will have been selected by some players.

What are your thoughts?

I will see how it works after today's stage.

It's not possible to give negative points and the scoring should be as intended.

I agree that it does throw a spanner in the works and I'll do what is fair.

First four escapees: Bryan Nauleau (Europcar), Jan Barta (Bora), Stef Clement (IAM) and Armindo Fonseca (Bretagne-Séché)

Looks like Stef Clement was the only rider picked.

Congrats to our first winner! 

The Doc takes home the first prize of the Bell Star Pro

attachicon.gifbell_star_pro.jpg

Blood hell, first the Izuzu challenge now, stage 1 lost on a lucky draw.

Hoping to at least get something out of this tour.

Before I start... today was awesome racing (and it certainly has made an impact on the scoring).

Right, back to the comment earlier about the formula used to calculate the scoring for the YELLOW and WHITE overall points.

The original formula works fine and I shouldn't doubt myself. Thanks to the few guys that queried it, and insisted the rules are published and shouldn't be changed. I was wrong, but concerned there was a major flaw. Turned out to be a problem with the ITT times between 1st and last.

The scores for yesterday will be revised to the original formula to calculate the GC and WHITE scores - BUT... the negative values will be zero'd.

I'm busy updating the scores for today, and will share shortly.

Because a prize is on offer for the most points scored, I need to make sure everything is 100% correct before I make an a$$ of myself again.

Archived