Cyclist Down on Victoria rd

J∆kk∆ls

Cycled past an incident this evening on Victoria rd in front of the 12 Apostles Hotel.

From what I could detect there was a white Toyota parked in the emergency lane on a very blind corner.

From all the glass on the road + one very mangle Lime Green Spez behind the car and the cyclist on the other end of the car, the cyclist probably hit that car at a speed as it is a very fast corner.

The cyclist looked alive but he was curled under a blanket with some friendly folk talking to him.

It was not long before a paramedic sped past us further down the road.

I wish him well and hope he recovers soon.

Not good news. Best wishes to all concerned and a speedy recovery to the rider. I'll keep an eye out on the local wires for news

Also drove past it as they were loading the cyclist onto a stretcher. Glad to hear that he was alive and sending him(?) healing wishes.

The light was getting quite low at the time and given the number of people driving in the yellow line on that road it is a very dangerous road to cycle. Pretty: yes, but very dangerous. I also wish at some stage the traffic department would enforce the law on that road - I have only every seen traffic cops sleeping under the trees there, never actually doing anything to help with road safety.

Strangely, I have never considered that stretch past the 12 Apostles hotel dangerous. Would like to know what happened. 

Strangely, I have never considered that stretch past the 12 Apostles hotel dangerous. Would like to know what happened.

If you are heading towards town you can easily be doing 55km/h past there. Then if car is parked in the yellow lane and there is traffic in the lane so you can't go round you end up with no option.

Don't know what happened here, just had similar calls with ninja runners in that corner before.

If you are heading towards town you can easily be doing 55km/h past there. Then if car is parked in the yellow lane and there is traffic in the lane so you can't go round you end up with no option.

Don't know what happened here, just had similar calls with ninja runners in that corner before.

Yes, the going fast part I get, and come to think of it, there are often cars parked near the start of the Kramat path and where the scuba divers park near Oudekraal.

Archived