Please Help......SA Seeding question

evolve

Can anyone clear this up please.

I'm seeded A batch for the race, but wanna ride with mate in D batch, question does my time start when A starts or do I start at D time.

Please help.

As far as my understanding goes your time will start when A-batch start. So, by the time D-batch start you would already have 20minutes on the clock... Assuming you're talking about tomorrow's Nissan race with 5 minute intervals and following starting times:

A-men : 7:30

A-ladies : 7:35

B : 7:40

C : 7:45

D : 7:50

Best is to just go to the 'registration' before the race and let them move you to D- batch.

When you get there chat to the people loading the batches, they will reseed you into D, your time will start when D batch goes off. Done it many times

When you get there chat to the people loading the batches, they will reseed you into D, your time will start when D batch goes off. Done it many times

Finally the truth comes out about you mid packers

your time starts when the chip in your SAS number board is scanned by the sensor that you have to pass under when you start the race. if you're in A batch you can start in batch B,C or D and your time will start when you do. just note: if you're seeded in batch B,C or D don't start with the batch ahead of you or you'll get a DNF. that's my personal experience

I made the mistake of starting with someone in B batch when I was seeded in A.

Definitely go get them to re-seed you into your friend's start group.

I had a 9,5 minute discrepancy because of the batch start difference - they corrected it after I contacted them and did explain where the other 4,5 minutes came from but I can't remember off hand what it was, so falling back from A to D will be a lot more than just the 20 minutes.