Watch this if you have more interest on Ketones and their benefits (From time 15:18 onwards, it's about performance effects): 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda at a low point with the diet. Just cant seem to get the last 5kgs off without throwing myself at exercise. This would seem to suggest that I am eating to many kilojoules. But how the yankee doodle can I eat less. I am always on the edge of being hungry!

Kinda at a low point with the diet. Just cant seem to get the last 5kgs off without throwing myself at exercise. This would seem to suggest that I am eating to many kilojoules. But how the yankee doodle can I eat less. I am always on the edge of being hungry!

What methodology are you following to lose weight?

Did a small MTB night ride at Modderfontein last night. Was awesome, especially flying through the mealie fields! Not too cold. Loose sand was a bit tricky here and there, but manageable. Have to say that it's a great place for cycling each time.

Very interesting article.

Personally I think I qualify as a competitive amateur. I would like to do a PB on every race, not necessarily to win my age/ start group. (but I am working to that, lol)

I started with LCHF after the Argus and although the weight loss is great, my power is gone. I know there is an adaptation period, but after almost 4 months, there is still no improvement in power. As far as I could determined, there are mixed testimonies about this, but the majority of people struggle with their power hence the train LC, race HC approach.

I have just started to experiment with adding more carbs to my diet on HIIT days. This is basically limited to fruit so far (bananas during and orange/ apple before) and little (125 ml) apple juice as well.

I will see how it goes and will add some healthy, whole grain carbs (oats, rye bread, brown rice, sweet potato, etc.)later on.

I'm pretty sure this will lead to an interesting debate, which I'm looking forward to.

Something that I've seen with myself and reported by others is that I *feel* my power is gone now that I'm in permanent ketosis. It somehow just *feels* that way.

Yet, every ride sees the PRs tumble. so I'm faster and ride longer without needing to stop or eat.

As stated, others report this as well. They don't feel stronger or faster till they look at their Garmin or Strava. :)

Something that I've seen with myself and reported by others is that I *feel* my power is gone now that I'm in permanent ketosis. It somehow just *feels* that way.

Yet, every ride sees the PRs tumble. so I'm faster and ride longer without needing to stop or eat.

As stated, others report this as well. They don't feel stronger or faster till they look at their Garmin or Strava. :)

Are these PRs not maybe weight loss related?

It would make sense that with a little power loss but a bigger weight loss that you still end up faster?

I hear what you say. As far as I could gather it seems that there are mixed feedback about this. I guess it is a matter of "different strokes for different okes".

I compare my current results on the wattbike to that previous to LCHF and my performance are easily 20% down. I just can't maintain the watts that I could before LCHF.

On the bike is a different thing. Although all my rides were of a very low intensity and medium distance (72 km), I "feel" like I can go on forever, and this is on water only. I do take some droewors and nuts about halfway, but start the ride in a fasted state. I couldn't do this prior to LCHF.

There are positives and negatives then.

@ Jannie, can you assist with details for the Dexa scan people? Sent them two notes via their site with no response. I see you have their link in your signature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived